The Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA allows you to choose your own investments from all the leading fund managers.
You can also invest in shares, investment trusts, corporate bonds, gilts or ETFs. Alternatively, simply open your ISA, hold cash and decide where to invest later.
Benefits of the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA
- Save tax - no capital gains tax and no further tax to pay on income from your investments
- Access your money at any time
- Invest with a financially secure, FTSE 100 company
- Open your ISA with a lump sum from £100, or start a monthly direct debit from just £25 per month
- Top up your account in just a few minutes with a debit card
Open a Stocks & Shares ISA
Low cost with a wide investment choice
Over 2,500 funds available. No charges when you buy and sell funds, and we offer a low-cost reinvestment service. Choose from an exclusive range of super low-cost funds.
You can buy and sell shares from £11.95 per trade online, and frequent traders can pay as little as £5.95 per trade. Choose from shares listed on the UK, US, Canadian and European stock markets.
- Corporate and government bonds, ETFs and investment trusts
Find out more about where you can invest in your ISA
Choosing and looking after your investments
From our Wealth 150 to our master portfolios and latest investment ideas, there are a variety of different tools to assist you when choosing your investments.
Our highly regarded research team offer free research and comment on a broad range of different funds to help you make better investment decisions.
Our latest investment ideas
View our latest ISA investment ideas
Frequently asked questions about the Stocks & Shares ISA
- What is the annual management charge in the Stocks & Shares ISA?
The charge to hold funds is tiered within the Stocks & Shares ISA:
- 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds
- 0.25% on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m
- 0.1% on the value of funds between £1m and £2m
- No charge on the value of funds over £2m
The annual charge to hold shares, bonds, Investment Trusts, ETFs or gilts in the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA is 0.45% (capped at £45 per annum)
For further information please view the ISA charges and interest rates page.
- Can I put shares I already own into a Stocks & Shares ISA?
Yes. In order to transfer shares into an ISA they must be sold and then bought back within the ISA wrapper. This is known as a Bed & ISA.
- What are the charges for dealing in my ISA?
There is no charge for buying, selling or switching funds within your ISA. All you will pay is the initial charge of the fund less any discount we offer (please refer to the factsheet of your chosen fund for more information). Share trades are subject to our stockbroking tariff, please see our ISA charges for details.
- Where can I invest in my Stocks & Shares ISA?
The Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA allows you to invest in a wide range of investments including unit trusts and OEICs, shares, investment trusts, ETFs, corporate bonds and gilts.
Find out more about where you can invest
The Vantage Service is designed for investors who are happy to make their own investment choices, but if you are unsure where to invest, please see our ISA investment ideas for help.
- What happens to any income from my investments within the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA?
Your Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA can be set up to treat income in one of three ways:
- Reinvested: We will automatically reinvest income for funds, shares and other investments when it reaches £10 per holding. A dealing commission of 1% will apply (£1 minimum, £10 maximum).
- Held on account: Income will be held on your account pending your further investment instructions.
- Paid out as income: Income will be paid out directly to a nominated bank/building society account. This payment will be made within ten working days of the end of each month.
The instruction you give will apply to all income paying holdings within your Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA.
View more Stocks & Shares ISA FAQs
Open a Stocks & Shares ISA
Awarded Uk's number 1 stockbroker. Source: Compeer XO Quarterly Benchmarking Report.