Dominic Laurie, of BBC One Breakfast looks at ways to manage your money in 2013 and on today's show he's turned his attention to pensions.
Tom McPhail sheds light on viewers' questions, including:
- Is a pension lost if you die whilst in retirement and so is it better to save the money in other ways?
- Is money paid into pensions guaranteed?
- Why pay National Insurance, when we are told we should take up private pensions?
- Is auto-enrolment worthwhile to somebody in their 40s with no pension?
- Why do we have to pay tax when taking income from a pension?
- Can you transfer a pension?
Found the video interesting?
- Read more about how the Vantage SIPP can help you build a pension and how easy it is to transfer other pensions.
- Discover the tax benefits of saving into a pension.
- Find out how much your pension could pay with our free pension calculator.
The value of investments can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invest. It is therefore important that you understand the risks and commitments. This website is not personal advice based on your circumstances. So you can make informed decisions for yourself we aim to provide you with the best information, best service and best prices. If you are unsure about the suitability of an investment please contact us for advice.