A simple way to plan for your retirement
with Hargreaves Lansdown
: The information on our website is not personal advice but we can offer advice
if specifically requested. What you do with your pension is an important decision, which could be irreversible. Drawdown is a more complex option than an annuity. Make sure you understand your options and check they are suitable for your circumstances: take appropriate advice or guidance if you are unsure. The Government's free Pension Wise
service can help. It provides impartial guidance face-to-face, online or by phone - more on Pension Wise
What is the Retirement Planner?
Following the introduction of the pension freedoms in April 2015 we created an interactive tool to show the income you could receive by blending secure and variable income.
Features and benefits:
- Blend of secure and variable income
See what income you could receive by dividing your retirement pot between a secure income, via an annuity, and a variable income, via drawdown.
- Bespoke plan
Create a bespoke plan to suit your needs, by adjusting your blend of secure and flexible income to work for you.
- Instant quotes
Receive real-time quotes online in an instant to see the rates you could benefit from if you started your plan today, from 8 different annuity providers such as Aviva, Prudential and Standard Life.
- Save your progress
Save your progress as you go along - so you don't have to enter your details when you decide to return.
How does the retirement planner work?
This is the first tool of its kind in the UK to calculate how much your desired income might cost, rather than how much income your fund might buy. Because it is new, a few providers aren't yet ready to provide quotes for it electronically. Please contact us directly on 0117 980 9940 if you would like to obtain quotes from our whole of market panel.
How to create your plan
Step 1 - Indicative plan
Enter your basic details and choose how much of your retirement pot will be used to buy an annuity, how much will go into drawdown and the overall income you wish to receive.
Step 2 - Personal detailed plan
Add information about health and lifestyle and get guaranteed rates. Choose the plan that works for you, still with no obligation.
Step 3 - Complete and apply
Once you're happy with your choices we’ll send you all the relevant forms to proceed.
- Ensure you fully understand your options. Drawdown in the Vantage SIPP is offered without advice as standard. Due to the high risk and complexity, if you are at all uncertain, we strongly recommend you contact us for financial advice. You should carefully consider your overall financial circumstances and other retirement goals or plans when making your decision.
- Consider the charges you might pay. Most investments carry charges, and the income you ultimately receive depends on the returns from investments, less any charges. Therefore it is important you consider the charges of your drawdown plan and associated investments as well as those of any the other options you are considering. See the charges of the Vantage SIPP ».
- If you are married or have a partner, you should strongly consider making provision for them in your plans, so they receive an income if you die first.
- Check you won't lose out by transferring. Before applying for your annuity or drawdown plan, check the rate offered by your existing provider to make sure you are better off and won't lose any guarantees by moving to a different provider. By moving, you will lose any entitlement to these.
- Hargreaves Lansdown is regulated by the FCA. We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You may be entitled to compensation from the FSCS if Hargreaves Lansdown or your annuity provider cannot meet their obligations. This will depend on the circumstances of your claim. In addition, if you are unhappy with the service we have provided, you can register a complaint by contacting us. If you are not satisfied by our final response, the FOS may be able to help you. Again, this will depend on the circumstances of your claim.
Plan & quote now