- Voted for by readers, not industry
- That was the SIPP back in 2007, this is now – what a difference 10 years makes
Hargreaves Lansdown has been awarded the What Investment Best SIPP provider for the 10th year running in their Reader Awards.
The winners of these awards are determined not by industry experts or journalists, but by the people who use the service, voted for without a shortlist – the most votes received wins.
David Henderson, Head of Pensions, Hargreaves Lansdown;
“We are delighted to have won this What Investment Reader Award for the 10th year running. Awards and accolades from the clients who use our service are most important to us and we’d like to sincerely thank the readers of What Investment for taking the time to vote for us. This award is a reflection of the great work that everyone here at HL puts in to putting clients first, making investments and pensions easier and delivering exceptional service - this is at the heart of what we do.
This is backed with the best investment research, education and information to help people pick the right investments to improve their financial wellbeing. We continue to evolve our services and have a host of exciting improvements planned.”
That was the SIPP then, this is now:
- Back in September 2007, Hargreaves Lansdown had just become a public company and back then the Chairman, Stephen Lansdown commented.
“In particular, the growth in assets in our Vantage SIPP has been substantial and we anticipate this to be an area of continued expansion in the future.”
SIPP assets then were £1.4 billion of the total HL AUM of £10.2 billion (30th June 2007) – they are now £19.3 billion of the total HL AUM of £61.7 billion.
- The word “digital” did not appear in the 2007 HL annual report and accounts.
Peter Hargreaves, then Chief Executive, said in October 2007 “Our challenges for the year ahead are to continue improving our website where we believe the future of the financial services industry lies.”
Now, in the year to end June 2016 - Website and apps visits were over 100 million. Mobile visits exceeded desktop visits for the first time in July 2016 and our apps have now been downloaded more than 465,000 times.
Other noticeable SIPP and pension developments since then include:
- Other noticeable SIPP and pension developments since then include.
- Corporate Vantage (Nov 2009) - Workplace pension, ISA and general investment service
- Auto-enrolment (October 2012) - Our solution for mandatory workplace pensions
- Platform reform (April 2014) - Introduction of fee structure
- Wealth 150+ (April 2014) - Best funds at the best prices - now includes tracker funds
- Pension freedoms (April 2015) - The revolution in pension decumulation
- Portfolio + (June 2015) - Self-select managed investment portfolio service
NOTES TO EDITORS
Globelynx and ISDN ready
Hargreaves Lansdown is equipped with a live in-house broadcast camera via the Globelynx network and has an ISDN line available for radio interviews - 0117 934 9006. To arrange an interview with a Hargreaves Lansdown spokesperson please contact the person you wish to speak to directly using the contact details above, or call Globelynx on 0207 963 7060 or email email@example.com.