Hargreaves Lansdown to grow marketing team by 50%
- Investment in marketing to capitalise on significant market opportunities
- 35 new marketing jobs to be created at Bristol head office
- HL marketing facts
Hargreaves Lansdown is today announcing an exciting step forward as we announce plans to strengthen our marketing capabilities. The development of the marketing team is expected to create 35 new jobs over the next 18 months.
Chris Worle, Digital Director, Hargreaves Lansdown:
"Against the backdrop of the UK's huge savings and investing gap, and an ongoing trend towards people using digital channels such as mobile, we see significant opportunities ahead in the investment, pensions and savings markets.
Marketing has always been an important part of our business and has helped to set us apart. We want to deepen our relationship with our clients, and improve the service and experience we offer. Alongside this we are looking at new ways to grow our markets and help more people to invest for their future.
Hargreaves Lansdown has always been admired for its marketing and communications. In an increasingly digital world we continue to invest heavily in our technology and today’s announcement also underlines our commitment investing in people and developing skilled, high-performing teams."
- HL currently employs 71 people in marketing at our head office in Bristol
- HL runs all its marketing operations and campaigns in-house without reliance on external marketing agencies
- 100 million website visits and 13.8 million trades in 2016
- 876,000 clients of which 55,000 clients interacted solely by mobile device in the last three months
- 12 million emails sent per month sent to up to 1.3 million people
- 570,000 downloads of the HL smartphone and iPad apps since launch