we're here to help
Coronavirus - we're here to help
A message from our CEO
As the Coronavirus pandemic continues, I would like to update you on the steps we’re taking in response to the pandemic, as well as remind you how you can best manage your account during this time.
Looking after our clients, colleagues and their families is our priority, and we are determined to maintain the service you should expect from us.
Like most other office-based businesses, the majority of our colleagues continue to work from home. As we’ve adapted to this new way of working, our objective has always been to safeguard the services that are most important to our clients.
You can continue to:
- Buy and sell funds and shares online, with the HL mobile app, and by telephone
- Open accounts online, by telephone or by post
- Add and withdraw money online, by telephone or by post
- Transfer to and from us online or by post
- Manage your account (for example, change bank accounts, update your address) online, by telephone or by post
In addition, automated services such as income reinvestment, income payments to your bank account, regular investing and Direct Debit will continue as normal.
We are following the government’s advice, and we recognise that we all have a part to play in this. This requires that we do some things differently, so that we can continue to provide the services you need.
We value your support and thank you for your patience.
Managing your account
You can manage your account or contact us in the usual ways:
Manage your account with the HL app or online
Add or withdraw money, trade and transfer investments online or with the HL app. You can also read our research and news online and with the mobile app. Accounts can be opened or closed online.
Use our online Help Centre or contact us
The best time to call is usually early morning. You can also send us a secure message through your account and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Other ways we can help
Some important information that you may find useful.
Changes to our service
Back in March, we made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend a small number of our services. This allowed us to continue offering the core services that our clients rely on, while also following government guidelines and looking after the safety of our colleagues.
Since then, we have been working to develop our processes and approach, so that we can run these services again when possible. For now however, with the majority of our team working from home and continued restrictions in place, the services listed below that we suspended in March will remain unavailable.
- Placing new phasing instructions by telephone and post.
- Automated Bed and ISA, and Bed and SIPP services. You can still move investments yourself by selling them and buying them back in an ISA or SIPP.
- Setting up regular investing by post. You can still set up a Direct Debit into investments online and by telephone.
- Company, investment club, charity, trust and bare trust Fund and Share Account applications and top ups by post.
- VCT applications.
- Transferring (lodging) share certificates into a Fund and Share Account (other transfers to Fund and Share Accounts continue as normal).
If your personal circumstances mean you have no other way of trading, please let us know.
If we have to make any further changes to our service as the situation develops we will let you know.
In the meantime, on behalf of the whole team at Hargreaves Lansdown, in the office and at home, thank you for your business and for your support and patience. We will continue to provide market updates, research and insights here.
I wish you good health and send you my best wishes.
Chief Executive Officer