Coronavirus: latest service updates
As part of our response to coronavirus, some of our services have changed or are temporarily suspended. Here's what's changed and what you can do.
Bed and ISA, Bed and SIPP
We've temporarily stopped taking Bed and ISA and Bed and SIPP instructions. But it's still possible to move investments to your ISA or SIPP. You can find out how by visiting our Bed and ISA/SIPP page.
Set up a Direct Debit/Regular investment
You can set up monthly payments online or over the phone. We're no longer accepting postal instructions for Direct Debits.
Set up a Direct Debit online
- Log in to your account.
- Choose the account in which you'd like to set up a Direct Debit.
- Choose the 'Monthly Savings' tab and follow the instructions.
We've temporarily suspended a small number of services that are used less frequently by our clients. That way we can focus on providing the services you need most.
- VCT applications
- Phasing instructions by telephone and post
- New applications for company, charity, trust and bare trust accounts
Need a hand?
Due to recent market activity, we've seen extremely high demand. That means there may be delays when you try to contact us. Here's how we suggest managing your account:
- Use the HL mobile app - one of the fastest ways to check your account, trade, and add and withdraw money.
- Manage your account online - log in to your account from our website. Trading, transferring and opening accounts, adding and withdrawing money can all be done online. If you don’t have a login, register for online access now.
- Set up a nominated bank account - you’ll need one to withdraw money from your account. It can take up to five days to set up. Log in, and go to your account settings. You’ll need your bank details to hand.
- Check our FAQs - all our frequently asked questions and other helpful information is available online. Please visit the Help Centre before calling us.
- If you need to contact us - please send us an email or SMC if you need to contact us. We may not be able to get back to you straight away, but we're working tirelessly to get back to everyone as soon as we can.
- If you're worried about Coronavirus scams - you can visit our online security centre to find out what to look out for and how to look after your account.