Your story could win £1000
Has investing helped you to do something amazing? Let us know and you could win £1000
Tell us your story about what you have been able to do because of investing and you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win £1000.
To enter, simply submit your story by completing the form by 31 January 2020 (full terms below).
By submitting your story you are confirming that we can use it along with your title, surname and county on marketing materials.
What are the full terms of the prize draw?
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, if you submit a story by 31 January 2020 about what you have been able to do because of investing, you’ll be entered into a prize draw to win £1,000 (the “Draw”). The Draw is free to enter.
2. Entries must be submitted by 31 January 2020.
3. By submitting your story you are confirming that we may, but are not required to, make your entry, title, surname and county available on our website, marketing materials and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
4. To be eligible to win a prize, you must:
- submit a story using over 100 words;
- be 18 or older;
- not be an employee of any Hargreaves Lansdown group company or a member of any such employee’s immediate family or household;
- be able to provide verification that your story was a real life event if requested;
- comply with these terms and conditions.
5. Upon submitting your story, you will be automatically entered into the Draw. If you do not wish to be entered, please contact us on 0117 900 9000. Only one entry will be permitted per person.
6. The winner will be chosen on 13 February 2020 by random draw, and will be awarded £1,000 via cheque.
7. The winner will be notified (using details provided at entry) either by telephone or, if we can’t reach the winner by telephone, by email on 14 February 2020.
8. We will send the winner a cheque by 21 February 2020.We accept no liability in the event that the cheque is not safely delivered. In the event of non-delivery, please notify us and we will arrange for a replacement cheque to be posted.
9. Please note we are required to make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone requesting this information. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please notify us by calling 0117 900 9000. Please note, we must still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
10. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. We reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
13. We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. The Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.