Tell us your story for a chance to win £500 in our prize draw. Terms apply
We know the power of women’s own voices when it comes to money and finances.
Tell us your story and you could win £500 in our prize draw. Full terms below.
Submit your own financial story by 31 July, using the form or email email@example.com.
We want to empower women and be a part of their financial journey to money confidence.
Do you want to be an advocate for women’s finances and be entered into our prize draw for the chance to win £500?
In 100 words or more, tell us your financial story - from the lessons you learned as a result of your biggest financial mistakes, to the best thing you ever did for your finances. We’ll enter you into our prize draw and one entry will win £500.
Not sure what to tell us? Here’s some ideas to get you closer to winning £500:
- Tell us about how you overcame financial hurdles
- Tell us about your saving and investment journey
- Let us know if and how financial advice has changed your life
- Let us know about why you think other women like you should listen to your story
- Tell us what you would do with the £500 if you won
What happens if you don’t win?
You can still have the chance to be a voice for women and their money. We’ll feature the best stories, anecdotes, money lessons and more in our monthly article series Your Money Your Voice.
By submitting your story you’re confirming that we can use it along with your title or surname and county on marketing material.
Your money, your voice prize draw terms
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, if you submit a story to us by 31 July 2021 about your financial goals, your financial mistakes, or general personal finance stories, you will be entered into a prize draw with a chance to win £500 (the “Draw”). The Draw is free to enter by completing the form at www.hl.co.uk/free-guides/case-study-draw or emailing your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entries must be submitted by 31 July 2021 using the My Story form or by sending an email with your story to email@example.com
3. By submitting your story you are confirming that we may, but are not required to, make any or all of your entry, title, surname and county available on our website, marketing materials and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Draw. You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the Draw entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, store, re-format and sub-licence the Draw entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
4. To be eligible to win a prize, you must:
- submit a story about your financial goals, your financial mistakes, or general personal finance stories, using over 100 words;
- be resident in the UK and be 18 or older;
- not be an employee of any Hargreaves Lansdown group company or a member of any such employee’s immediate family or household;
- be able to provide verification that your story is based on real life events if requested;
- comply with these terms and conditions.
5. Upon submitting your story, you will be automatically entered into the Draw. If you do not wish to be entered, please contact us on 0117 900 9000. Only one entry will be permitted per person.
6. The winner will be chosen on 3 August 2021 by random draw and will be awarded £500 to their HL loyalty bonus account. If the winner does not have an account with us, the £500 prize will be transferred via BACs to a bank account to be confirmed by the winner.
7. The winner will be notified (using details provided at entry) either by telephone or, if we can’t reach the winner by telephone, by email by 9 August 2021
8. We will send the winner the prize money by 16 August 2021.
9. Please note we are required to make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone requesting this information. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please notify us by calling 0117 900 9000. Please note, we must still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
10. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
13. We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. The Draw will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. References in these terms and conditions to “Hargreaves Lansdown”, “our”, “us” or “we” are to Hargreaves Lansdown Advisory Services Limited (company number 03509545), authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register number 189627), whose registered office is at 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. References to the “Hargreaves Lansdown Group” are to Hargreaves Lansdown plc (company number 02122142) and its subsidiaries from time to time.