Free Guide to CFDs (Contracts for Difference)
Spread Betting and CFD trading carry a high level of risk to your capital; you should ensure you understand the risks involved. Please read the full risk warning.
What you need to know about Contracts for Difference in our straightforward, easy-to-read guide
This free guide will tell you about:
- What CFDs are
- How to go "long" or "short"
- Stop losses and market orders
- What margin (leveraged) trading is
- How to access a wider range of financial markets
- The risks of using more complex investments
- The costs and tax exemptions
This guide is not personalised advice. CFD trading carries a high level of risk and you can lose more than your initial deposit. It is not suitable for everyone; ensure you understand the risks and if in doubt seek advice.