Competition: Guess the FTSE and win £1,000
Your chance to win £1,000
You could win £1,000 by guessing where the FTSE 100 will close on 31 January 2020.
To be in with a chance of winning:
- Enter your guess by 10 January 2020
- Get closest, and you could win £1,000
- That's it
We'll contact the winner by email. Full terms below.
This competition is not personal advice or a recommendation to buy or sell any investment. If you're not sure about the suitability of an investment for your circumstances seek advice. The value of investments and income can fall as well as rise so you could get back less than you invest.
Guess the FTSE 100 Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, if you complete our ‘Guess the FTSE 100’ form (the “Form”) on or before 10 January 2020 and provide the correct or closest guess of the closing value of the FTSE 100 on the 31 January 2020 (the “Competition”) you will win a cash prize of £1,000. This Competition is free to enter.
2. To be eligible to win the Competition, you must also:
- be 18 or older;
- be resident in the United Kingdom; and
- not be an employee of any Hargreaves Lansdown group company or a member of any such employee’s immediate family or household.
3. Provided that you have completed the Form on or before 10 January 2020, your entry will be submitted for the Competition. If you submit more than one Form, only the first Form submitted will be valid.
4. There is only one cash prize of £1,000. If there is more than one entrant who has correctly predicted or whose entries are as equally close to the FTSE 100 closing price on 31 January 2020, a random draw will be conducted out of these entries to determine the winner.
5. We will notify the winner (using the details provided at entry) either by email or, if we have not had a response from the winner by email, by telephone (if provided), before 7 February 2020. If we haven’t heard from a winner within 10 days of being notified, that winner shall forfeit their claim to the £1,000 cash prize and we will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
6. Please note we are required to make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone requesting this information. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please notify us by calling 0117 900 9000. Please note, we must still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
7. The £1,000 cash prize shall be sent to the winner within 30 days of claiming the prize. This will be sent via cheque.
8. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions upon successful submission of the Form.
10. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
11. We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
12. This Competition is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
14. This Competition will be governed by English law.
15. If you wish to opt out of the Competition, call 0117 900 9000, or email@example.com.
16. The Competition is provided by Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited, which is a limited company registered in England & Wales with the company number 01896481 whose registered office is 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. References in these terms and conditions to “our”, “us” or “we” are to Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited.