We have worked hard to create what we believe to be a unique working culture at Hargreaves Lansdown and our employees play a key part in developing and driving this forward. To identify our key values as a business we looked to our employees to provide real insight, which ensured the values identified were organic and not forced or artificially created. A Group-wide survey was undertaken in the year and established our values as:
- Care - put the client first
- Service - go the extra mile
- Integrity - do the right thing
- Simplicity - make it easy
- Innovative - do it better
The Group actively seeks to lobby via public consultation documents where they believe that investors in the UK will benefit. Examples during the year include:
- Working with HM Treasury on the development of the new LISA and a ban on cold calling to reduce the risk of pension fraud.
- Lobbying the DWP to give employees more control over their workplace pensions and improved access to pensions for the self-employed.
Our dedicated people are central to delivering our values and ensuring their well-being is therefore a key focus. In addition to providing competitive benefits packages and tailored learning and development programmes, we have introduced several workshops and initiatives over the last 12 months to raise awareness of and promote a healthy working environment for employees. This has included:
- Healthy Living Week - a wide range of activities were made available such as fitness classes, health MOTs, singing classes and mindfulness classes
- Healthy Minds Week - an awareness week which included workshops on mindfulness, personal resilience, mental health and nutrition
- Personal Development Week - which included motivational speakers, workshops on impact and influence and career drop-in sessions.
- We also offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is intended to help employees deal with personal problems that might adversely impact their work performance, health and well-being.