Soon we’ll not be supporting this browser anymore.
This means our website may not look and work as you would expect. Read more about browsers and how to update them here.

Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us

esure trading update

Keith Bowman | 11 November 2015 | A A A
esure trading update

No recommendation

No news or research item is a personal recommendation to deal. All investments can fall as well as rise in value so you could get back less than you invest.

esure Group plc Ordinary 1/12p

Sell: NaN | Buy: NaN | Change NaN (NaN%)
Chart View factsheet

Market closed | Prices delayed by at least 15 minutes | Switch to live prices

The Motor and Home insurance products insurer today reported a third quarter trading update. Gross written premiums Year-To-Date grew to £430.5 million (YTD Q3 2014: £410.0m), with Motor gross written premiums of £364.1 million (YTD Q3 2014: £343.8m) and Home gross written premiums of £66.4 million (YTD Q3 2014: £66.2m). Total In-force policies rose to 1.991 million for the quarter period (Q3 2014: 1.954 million), whilst management pointed to a "strong" group financial position.

The Chief Executive commented:

"We have continued to grow gross written premiums in Q3 through a combination of positive rating actions and footprint expansion initiatives in Motor and Home. In Motor, as indicated at the time of our half year results, we have implemented further rate increases in Q3 with year-on-year increases now broadly in line with claims inflation. In Home, the market remains competitive.

The return of Gio Compario in Gocompare's advertising has already had a positive impact on its revenue in the third quarter and we have continued to invest in the business for the future.

In light of the volatile investment markets seen during Q3, we now expect to achieve a gross investment return in the region of 1% for the full year. We continue to expect our 2015 combined operating ratio to be in the region of 96% to 97%, assuming normal weather for the remainder of the year." The combined operating ratio expresses the sum of incurred losses and operating expenses measured as a percentage of earned premium, and is a key measure of underwriting profitability. Conventionally, a lower combined ratio is better.

This article is not advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any investment. No view is given on the present or future value or price of any investment, and investors should form their own view on any proposed investment. This article has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research and is considered a marketing communication. Non-independent research is not subject to FCA rules prohibiting dealing ahead of research, however HL has put controls in place (including dealing restrictions, physical and information barriers) to manage potential conflicts of interest presented by such dealing. Please see our full non-independent research for more information.