How to cancel a Direct Debit
Cancelling a Direct Debit means you will stop automatically adding money and investing each month. Here's how to cancel your Direct Debit.
Before you start
- You will need your login details to hand. If you have not yet set these up by registering for online access, you can register here.
- Depending on the day of the month you make changes, the changes you can make to your next contribution might be limited, but you will always be able to change the following months savings.
How to cancel on the website
- Log in online to see your accounts
- Select the HL account your Direct Debit is set up in, e.g. 'Stocks & Shares ISA'
- Select the 'Monthly savings' tab from the options above your account overview
- Select 'Change' either on the current month, or future months
- Set all the investment amounts in the boxes to zero
- Once you have made all your changes, select 'Confirm Changes'
- You will see a red warning that confirms you are stopping your monthly savings plan. Select 'Confirm Changes' for a second time
What happens next
You will see confirmation of your cancelled monthly savings plan.
Because we instruct your bank 10 days in advance of payments being taken, you cannot make any changes to the amount being paid during this time.
If you want to cancel your Direct Debit during this period, please speak to your bank.