Your retirement options
Book your consultation
Taking money from your pension
To fully understand your options, it can help to talk things through first.
The experts on our retirement helpdesk won’t give you personal advice, but they can discuss the risks and benefits of each option, and explain how you can:
- Get hold of your tax-free cash
- Keep your pension invested and take an income whenever you like
- Get a guaranteed income for life
- Pass your pension on to loved ones after you die
- Transfer and combine lost and old pensions
- Get quotes and illustrations to see what income you could get, and how long it might last
Important information - Pension and tax rules can change and benefits will depend on your circumstances. What you do with your pension is an important decision that you might not be able to change. You should check you're making the right decision for your circumstances and that you understand all your options and their risks. The government's free and impartial Pension Wise service can help you understand your options and, if you'd like personal advice, we can put you in touch with one of our advisers. Make sure you check with your current provider that you won’t lose any valuable benefits or need to pay high exit fees before transferring.