Fund and Share Account
Important information - Investments can go down as well as up in value, so you could get back less than you put in. The information on this page isn't advice – please ask us for advice if you’re not sure which investments are right for you.
Investing on your terms
The HL Fund and Share Account is a low-cost, flexible account that allows you to buy, sell and hold your investments in one place.
You can open an account online in minutes with your debit card and National Insurance number. Then view and deal your investments 24/7 online or with the HL app.
Please note investments can go up as well as down in value so you could get back less than you put in.
Your investment options
- Over 3,000 funds
- UK and overseas shares
- Corporate and government bonds
- Exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Investment trusts and much more
It's free to hold shares in the Fund and Share Account. Share dealing costs a maximum of £11.95 per UK deal online.
For funds, there's no dealing charges and a maximum annual charge of 0.45%.
Open a Fund and Share Account
Get started today
Once you've decided to open a Fund and Share Account, it takes less than five minutes to get started. You'll just need a debit card and your National Insurance number to hand.
Remember that investments can go down as well as up in value, so you could get back less than you put in.
You can open a Fund and Share Account with as little as £1, or by setting up a Direct Debit from £25 per month.
To invest in funds, you’ll need a minimum lump sum of £100. Or you can set up a monthly Direct Debit from £25 per investment.
Why choose the HL Fund and Share Account?
- Security - we're a FTSE 100 company, trusted by over one million clients
- Ease - invest anytime, anywhere online or with the HL app
- Inspiration - fund and share ideas from our investment analysts
- Support - speak to our helpdesk experts
- Award-winning - we've won over 190 awards, including Best Investment Platform 2021 at the Boring Money Consumer Investment Awards