Financial advice on your terms
FIXED COST INVESTMENT ADVICE AT £495
Start 2021 on the right foot
Built around you
Whether you’re an active investor, a diligent saver or your financial situation has taken a sudden change, HL Financial Advice will help you get a clear view on the present and a strong plan for the future.
We can help you to:
- Meet your goals and increase your confidence
- Save and invest for retirement
- Manage your income and expenditure when you retire
- Build or amend your portfolio
- Secure your and your family’s financial future
Do I need advice?
Our Bristol-based helpdesk is your first port of call. We are open 5 days a week to learn about you. We'll then explain how we can help you meet your goals.
We might discover you don’t need advice, if that’s the case we’ll support you with free information to help you get on track.
If you decide to take advice any charges will be discussed in advance. Usually the cost is a minimum £495+VAT or 1-2% of your advised portfolio.
Advice in 3 easy steps
2. Meet your adviser
They'll find out more about your goals and get to know your current situation. From here they can create a plan to secure your future.
Your adviser will also explain more about advice and any charges required to help you get the best out of our service.
3. Secure your future
As long as you’re happy with our charges, we’ll give you your plan to review.
Just say the word and we’ll help you secure your future by putting your plan into action.
or minimum cost of £495+VAT
Guide to our advisory service
Read our guide to find out how our unique approach to advice delivers true value for our clients.
Inheritance Tax guide
Inheritance tax is one of the things we get asked about most – often when it’s too late. Get ahead of the game today.
Beginners guide to investing
Discover how to do it and what you need to know with our step-by-step introduction to investing.
Get the advice you want. Nothing more, nothing less
Ask us anything and we'll see how we can help. Here are a few of our most frequently asked questions:
Advisory Service Fixed Charge Offer Terms and Conditions
1. If you contact our Advisory Helpdesk between 18 December 2020 and the close of business on 12 February 2021, agree to receive Investment Advice by telephone and return a signed Adviser Charge Agreement by close of business 26 March 2021, we will only charge you our minimum charge of £495 (+VAT where applicable) (the “Offer”). The Offer is subject to these terms and conditions.
Details of the Offer
2. To be eligible you must contact our Advisory Helpdesk between 18 December 2020 and the close of business on 12 February 2021 either by calling 0117 317 1690 or by booking a call back with us by close of business on 12 February 2021. You must also decide that you wish to receive Investment Advice from us, and have signed and returned an Adviser Charge Agreement, by close of business on 26 March 2021.
3. If you decide that you wish to receive Investment Advice by telephone from us within the timescales noted above, you will not be subject to our standard rate of 1-2% of the portfolio value being advised upon with a minimum charge of £495 when advice provided by telephone. Instead we will fix the cost of receiving the advice from us at our minimum charge of £495 (+VAT where applicable). For more information regarding our financial advice charges, please visit our website at www.hl.co.uk/financial-advice/advisory-charges.
4. Investment Advice means the receipt of recommendations from one of our financial advisers in relation to investment decisions. This may include:
i. A new cash investment into any panelled wrapper. This would include reinvestment of tax free cash taken from a pension or making a pension contribution.
ii. Any investment through regular premiums.
iii. Recommendations to alter an existing investment portfolio except where the existing investment is currently held within an Investment Bond, Income Drawdown or Pension arrangement
5. Investment Advice does not include wider financial planning matters which shall include, but are not limited to, advice on transferring or consolidating pensions, retirement planning, care provision and inheritance tax planning. If after discussions with your financial adviser, the scope of advice needs to be widened to include wider financial planning matters, the Offer will no longer be applicable.
6. This Offer only covers Investment Advice received by telephone and excludes advice provided on a face to face basis.
7. This Offer excludes on-going advice charges.
8. Where you qualify for the Offer, your Financial Adviser will apply the fixed charge to your Adviser Charge Agreement.
9. The Offer is limited to one per client.
10. You must not be an employee of any Hargreaves Lansdown Group company or a member of any such employee’s immediate family or household.
11. We may amend, extend or withdraw this Offer at any time. Details of any such amendment, extension or withdrawal will be posted on our website at www.hl.co.uk/financial-advice.
12. This Offer will be governed by English law and, in participating, you submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
13. References in these terms and conditions to “Hargreaves Lansdown”, “our”, “us” or “we” are to Hargreaves Lansdown Advisory Services Limited (company number 03509545), authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register number 189627), whose registered office is at 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. References to the “Hargreaves Lansdown Group” are to Hargreaves Lansdown plc (company number 02122142) and its subsidiaries from time to time.