How secure is Hargreaves Lansdown?
We can offer private investors a number of key protections:
- Hargreaves Lansdown Plc is a constituent of the FTSE 100, an index of the biggest listed companies in the UK.
- We look after more than £70 billion for our clients.
- We have grown our business organically (not by buying other businesses) by aligning our interests with those of our clients. We focus solely on providing investment services to our clients.
- We place deals only on behalf of our clients, we do not buy and sell investments for our own benefit. This means our business depends solely on the service we provide you and the performance of your investments, not on the success, or otherwise, of any investment decisions we make on our own behalf.
- We do not act as a bank, we have no borrowings and we have no exposure to sub-prime assets.
- The founders and staff own approximately 50% of the equity and this means that they have a very significant interest in protecting the company and can take a long-term view.
- The business is managed conservatively, with a long serving employee base.
- Our growth has been achieved without borrowing and we have robust internal controls and audit procedures.