How to plan for retirement in your 40s
5 steps towards a comfortable retirement
Your forties are an ideal time to get yourself on track for a comfortable retirement. You’re probably on a decent wage now and you still have time on your side.
To get started, our guide offers five essential steps. They explain:
- How to make the most of your pension
- Why it’s important to plan for retirement as a family
- Why you might prioritise cash over investing
- How to find and combine lost or old pensions
- How you can take control of your investments
This isn’t personal advice. If you’re not sure what’s best for your situation you should seek advice. Inflation reduces the future spending power of money overtime. Investments rise and fall in value, so you could get back less than you invest. Remember, you’re normally unable to access money from your pension until age 55 (rising to 57 in 2028).