Share your story and you could win a £200 John Lewis Gift Card
How’s investing changed your life for the better?
We want to hear what investing’s allowed you to do. From the small things, to the big.
Share your real-life story and you could win one of five £200 John Lewis & Partners e-gift cards.
We’d like to know:
- What you’ve achieved by investing
- How this has made you feel
- What you’ve learnt along the way
To enter the prize draw, use the form or email email@example.com including your name and phone number to submit your story of 100 words or more by 31 January 2021. Full terms below.
By submitting your story, you confirm you’re happy for us to use it along with your title, surname and county on marketing material. We may contact you about your story.
My story prize draw terms
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, if you submit a story to us by 31 January 2021 about what investing has meant or will mean for you, you will be entered into a prize draw with a chance to win one of five £200 John Lewis & Partners e-gift cards (the “Draw”). The Draw is free to enter by emailing your story to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entries must be submitted by 31 January 2021 using the My Story form or by sending an email with your story to email@example.com
3. By submitting your story you are confirming that we may, but are not required to, make any or all of your entry, title, surname and county available on our website, marketing materials and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the prize draw. You agree to grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the prize draw entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the prize draw entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
4. To be eligible to win a prize, you must:
- submit a story about what investing has meant or will mean for you, using over 100 words;
- be resident in the UK and be 18 or older;
- not be an employee of any Hargreaves Lansdown group company or a member of any such employee’s immediate family or household;
- be able to provide verification that your story is based on real life events if requested;
- comply with these terms and conditions.
5. Upon submitting your story, you will be automatically entered into the Draw. If you do not wish to be entered, please contact us on 0117 900 9000. Only one entry will be permitted per person.
6. The five winners will be chosen on 12 February 2021 by random draw and each will be awarded a £200 John Lewis & Partners e-gift card, sent via the email address provided.
7. The winner will be notified (using details provided at entry) either by telephone or, if we can’t reach the winner by telephone, by email on 15 February 2021.
8. We will send the winners a e-gift card by 19 February 2021. We accept no liability in the event that the e-gift card is not safely delivered.
9. Please note we are required to make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, we will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone requesting this information. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please notify us by calling 0117 900 9000. Please note, we must still provide your details to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
10. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
11. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. We reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
12. We reserve the right to substitute the John Lewis & Partners e-gift card with an alternative voucher of an equivalent value at our sole discretion. The e-gift card is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
13. We reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. The Draw will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
16. References in these terms and conditions to “our”, “us” or ”we” are to Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 01896481 and whose registered office is at 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL.
17. The John Lewis & Partners e-gift card is subject to its own terms and conditions which can be found on the John Lewis & Partners website here: https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/shopping-with-us/terms-and-conditions.