5 tips to help you work less and live more
If you’re planning to reduce your hours, set up a business or start studying before you retire, our 5 semi-retirement tips could help you work less and live more.
- How you could reduce your hours without changing jobs
- How to use your pension to top up your income
- Why you can still pay into your pension
- Reasons why you might want to put off the state pension
- What happens if you buy an annuity when you’re older
What you do with your pension is an important decision that you may not be able to change. You should check you're making the right decision for your circumstances and that you understand your options and the risks. Drawdown is a higher risk option than an annuity. The government's free and impartial Pension Wise service can help you and we can offer you advice. The information on our website and this guide are not personal advice. The value of your investments can go down as well as up so you could get back less than you invest.