Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log out of your HL account

Can I open an account in the name of a company?

Yes, you can open an HL Fund and Share Account in the name of a UK Company. Within this account you can invest in funds, shares, investment trusts, ETFs, gilts and corporate bonds as well as being able to hold cash. To open an account, you will need to complete the HL Fund and Share Account Company Application Form.

On the application form there is space for up to two people to provide their details as 'Authorised Persons' who will individually have full control of managing the account. Anyone wishing to trade or act on this account will need to include their details in this section. Before opening the account we are required to verify their identity. In most cases we are able to do this using an electronic verification system. If we cannot verify the identity of an individual electronically, we shall write to you to request further documentation.

We also require the details of anyone who holds in excess of 25% of the company's shares or voting rights. These details can be provided in section 3 of the application form.

For English and Welsh Companies registered with Companies House we do not require any further documentation. If you are not listed with Companies House, or if you wish to apply in the name of a Scottish or Northern Irish Company please call us on 0117 900 9000 to check what other documentation we may need.

Once completed, please return the application form in the post to: Hargreaves Lansdown, One College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL

Still need help?

Call us on 0117 900 9000

View opening hours