Welcome to our new Help section. Give us your feedback to improve it.

Moving abroad

It’s still possible to trade through HL if you leave the country, but there are a few important things to keep in mind.

You can log in and trade from anywhere

There are no restrictions on using your HL account anywhere in the world. This means you can log in and trade as you normally would while you’re abroad.

You can still use HL if you move abroad, but only in Europe

As long as you can prove you’re still living within the European Economic Area (EEA), you can still add money to and trade in your accounts, as well as open new accounts.  

You will not be able to keep adding money to your accounts if you move outside this area though, unless you are a crown employee, but you can still trade in line with our Terms & Conditions. 

You cannot open new accounts as an overseas tax resident

If you move abroad and become a tax resident of that country, you cannot open any new accounts with HL. We will need you to send us your Tax Identification Number if you become an overseas tax resident.   

Prefer to speak with someone

Contact us