Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log out of your HL account

Can I add certificates in someone else's name, into my account?

Yes. The shares would initially need to be lodged into an HL Fund and Share Account in the name in which the certificates are held. This can be done by completing a Fund and Share transfer form and returning it to our address along with the original share certificate(s).

The person can then gift the shares to your HL Fund and Share Account by sending us a signed written instruction. There is no charge to transfer stock from one Hargreaves Lansdown account to another.

Still need help?

Call us on 0117 900 9000

View opening hours