Introduced in November 2011, Junior ISAs have quickly become a popular way for family and friends to build up tax-efficient savings and investments to help with the cost of university, provide a deposit for a house or simply give children a great start in life.
- Anyone can contribute - useful for birthday gifts
- Same tax benefits as an adult ISA - investments are free from UK capital gains tax and UK income tax
- Withdrawals possible from age 18
- Automatically converts to an adult ISA at age 18
- Open with a lump sum from £100 to £4,080 or start a monthly direct debit from just £25 per month
Who is eligible?
All children resident in the UK are eligible for a Junior ISA.
However, children born between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011 will need to transfer their Child Trust Fund to the Junior ISA (or have previously transferred their Child Trust Fund to a Junior ISA) in order to open the account.
Find out more about Child Trust Fund to Junior ISA transfers
Choosing and looking after your child's investments
From our Wealth 150, to our master portfolios and latest investment ideas, there are a variety of different tools to assist you when choosing your child's investments.
Our highly regarded research team offer free research and comment on a broad range of different funds to help you make better investment decisions and look after your child's investment portfolio.
View more Junior ISA investment ideas
Open a Junior Stocks & Shares ISA