Easy to manage, tax-efficient investing for your child
Junior ISAs have quickly become a popular way for family and friends to build up tax-efficient savings and investments to help with the cost of university, provide a deposit for a house or simply give eligible children a great start in life.
- Same tax benefits as an adult ISA - no capital gains tax, and no tax to pay on income
- Anyone can contribute - useful for birthday and Christmas gifts
- Withdrawals possible from age 18
- Automatically converts to an adult ISA at age 18
- Open with a lump sum from £500 to £3,840 or start a monthly direct debit from just £50 per month
Who is eligible?
Any child resident in the UK who wasn't eligible for a Child Trust Fund (CTF):
Find out more about Child Trust Fund to Junior ISA transfers
- Children born on or after 3 January 2011.
- Children (aged under 18) born on or before 31 August 2002.
- Children born on or between 1 September 2002 and 2 January 2011 who didn't qualify for a Child Trust Fund. Note that most children born between these dates did qualify for a CTF.
Choosing and looking after your child's investments
From our Wealth 150, to our master portfolios and latest investment ideas, there are a variety of different tools to assist you when choosing your child's investments.
Our highly regarded research team offer free research and comment on a broad range of different funds to help you make better investment decisions and look after your child's investment portfolio.
Our latest investment ideas
View more Junior ISA investment ideas
Open a Junior Stocks & Shares ISA
Android is a trademark of Google Inc | iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.