Open a Junior ISA
Filling in the application takes about 10 minutes.
As this will be the first time you’ve paid into your Lifetime ISA in the current tax year, you’ll have to confirm that you agree to the Lifetime ISA declarations. It shouldn’t take any longer than 5 minutes.
This won’t impact your existing account – any contributions to this year’s Lifetime ISA will appear as normal.
What you need to know
- Investments can go up and down in value so you could get back less than you put in.
- Tax rules for Junior ISAs can change, and their benefits depend on your circumstances.
- Once money is in the HL Junior ISA, the money can’t usually be taken out until the child’s 18th birthday.
- An HL Junior ISA is for people comfortable choosing their own investments. If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us about financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
What you need to have to hand
- Your National Insurance number, and your child’s if they have one.
- Your debit card details, if you’d like to open a Junior ISA with a lump sum. The minimum amount is £100.
- Your bank details, if you’d like to set up a Direct Debit. The minimum monthly amount is £25.
By opening a Junior ISA, you agree to our terms, so please make sure you’ve read and understood our: Terms and Conditions with Tariff of Charges (PDF), Key Features (PDF) and the risks. Please contact us if you have any questions.