Open a Junior ISA
Junior ISA application
Filling in the application takes about 10 minutes.
Before opening a Junior ISA, you should be:
- Comfortable choosing your own investments on behalf of your child
- Confident making long-term investment decisions
- Free from significant debt (other than a mortgage)
- Clear on our charges and the tax benefits of a Junior ISA
- Over the age of 18
- Applying on behalf of a child under the age of 18 as someone with parental responsibility for that child
- Applying on behalf of a child who is UK resident for tax purposes
What you need to know before opening a Junior ISA
- Investments can go up and down in value so your child could get back less than is put in.
- Tax rules for Junior ISAs can change, and their benefits depend on your and your child's circumstances.
- Once money is in the HL Junior ISA, the money can’t usually be taken out until the child’s 18th birthday.
What you need to have to hand
- Your National Insurance number, and your child’s if they have one. You can find this on your National Insurance card, a benefit letter, payslip or P60.
- Your debit card details, if you’d like to open a Junior ISA with a lump sum. The minimum amount is £100.
- Your bank details, if you’d like to set up a Direct Debit into a Junior ISA. The minimum monthly amount is £25.
By opening this Junior ISA, you agree to our terms, so please make sure you’ve read and understood our: , Terms and Conditions with Tariff of Charges (PDF), Key Features (PDF) and the risks. Please contact us if you have any questions.