Important information - Active Savings helps you make your own decisions and is not personal advice. Fixed term products generally only allow access to funds at maturity. Inflation reduces the future spending power of money.
With Active Savings, you’ll no longer have the hassle of opening, closing and transferring your savings between different banks and building societies.
Once your account is open, you can pick and mix savings products from a range of banks and building societies, without ever having to fill in another form.
There are a range of products and terms to choose from, and you can have as many as you like.
Benefits of Active Savings
Easy to manage
Give us our instructions online in minutes to return your money to the cash hub. You can move your money out of easy access whenever you like but please note you can’t access fixed term savings until they mature.
We don't charge you
We don’t charge you directly, instead we charge our banking partners. This means the same or similar products offered directly by the banks and building societies may have different interest rates to those available on Active Savings.
No hassle and no identity checks
Move your savings around with just a few clicks and you'll never have to fill in any forms. You'll get monthly statements and an annual tax summary.
Keep your savings secure
With Active Savings there are a host of measures in place to help protect your cash. From Financial Services Compensation Scheme protection, to online encryption technology.
Get saving in three easy steps
Open an Active Savings account
Or log into your HL account if you're already a client. Make sure you read the important information.
Start with just £1
Add money with a debit card, or move across any uninvested cash in your Fund and Share account.
Choose your products
Select from the range of great rates available.
What is the cash hub?
We are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an electronic money institution, which means we must treat your money in a certain way.
- All money coming in and going out of your Active Savings Account goes through the cash hub.
- The cash hub is a segregated bank account, currently held with Barclays Bank plc, where your money will be safeguarded by us until you choose what to do with it. You won’t earn any interest on money held in the cash hub.
- When we receive your money into the cash hub, we’ll immediately issue your Active Savings Account with the same amount of electronic money (e-money) so you can put it into a savings product or withdraw it.
- E-money is simply an electronic monetary value, equal to your money held in the cash hub, which we are authorised by the FCA to hold on your behalf.
- You won’t earn any interest until you add your e-money to savings products. If you haven’t done this within 30 working days of the e-money being issued, we may return your money to you. We’ll let you know if we do.
All money coming in and out of Active Savings goes through the cash hub, where it earns 0.0% interest. It is where your money is held before you choose a product and where your savings and interest are paid when your fixed term ends.
This website is issued by Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited (company number 1896481), which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference 115248.
The Active Savings service is provided by Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited (company number 8355960). Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference number 915119). Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 with firm reference 901007 for the issuing of electronic money.
Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited and Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited are subsidiaries of Hargreaves Lansdown plc (company number 2122142).