Frequently asked questions
- What is a corporate action?
- What do I need to do if I hold shares in a company which is undergoing a corporate action?
- How will I receive corporate action information from Hargreaves Lansdown?
- Does Hargreaves Lansdown charge for administering corporate actions?
- A share in my ISA is subject to a corporate action. Does this have any additional implications?
- I hold overseas stocks within my portfolio. Are there any implications for corporate actions on these stocks?
How do I make an election?
- How do I give Hargreaves Lansdown my instruction?
- What should I do if I hold a share certificate for a company undergoing a corporate action?
- Why is the Hargreaves Lansdown deadline for elections earlier than the company registrar's deadline?
- I have recently transferred a share certificate into a Hargreaves Lansdown account but have received offer documents directly from the company. Do I reply to the company itself or do I send my election to Hargreaves Lansdown?
- Can Hargreaves Lansdown advise me on which election option I should take?
- What happens if I miss the deadline of returning my election?
- Can I change my mind after sending you my election?
- Do I have to make an election?
- Will Hargreaves Lansdown always have the same default election as the company's registrar?
- I need to send you a cheque, who should I make a payable to?
- I've heard that a company is planning a corporate action, when will Hargreaves Lansdown contact me about it?
- What do I do if I haven't received information on a corporate action I was expecting to have received by now?
- How can I find out why a company has decided to undertake a corporate action?
- Can I get a copy of the original official company document for a corporate action?
- Can I get a company report?
- How do I attend and/or vote at a company meeting?
- Can I get shareholder benefits for shares which are in my Hargreaves Lansdown account?
How can I obtain company information?
What happens next?
I’ve found all my involvement with Hargreaves Lansdown to be superb…I frankly wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the company to anybody.
MR HASTINGS, Devon