Coronavirus - we're here to help
From how to access your account online, scam awareness, your wellbeing and our community we're here to help.

Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log in to HL Account

Can I still make subscriptions to my ISA if I move abroad?

To be eligible to open an ISA you must be resident and ordinarily resident in the UK for tax purposes. If you will be resident within the EEA and can prove your eligibility for an ISA then you can subscribe money to, or apply for an HL Stocks and Shares ISA. If you move outside these areas, Hargreaves Lansdown cannot accept any further subscriptions to your ISA. However, you will still be able to place deals on your account as per our Terms and Conditions.

Please note that if you are a crown employee serving overseas, you are still eligible to subscribe to an HL Stocks and Shares ISA.

Still need help?

Contact us

Email us