Coronavirus - we're here to help
From how to access your account online, scam awareness, your wellbeing and our community we're here to help.

Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log in to HL Account

What should I do if I hold a share certificate for a company undergoing a corporate action?

If you hold a share certificate then your name should appear directly on the company's register of shareholders. As such, you will receive documentation directly from the registrar, detailing the corporate action and the options available to you. Your election must then be sent back to the registrar.

If you hold shares of the same company in both a Hargreaves Lansdown nominee account and in certificated form you will be contacted by both the registrar and Hargreaves Lansdown. Separate instructions (if applicable) must be returned to each.

Still need help?

Contact us

Email us