Coronavirus - we're here to help
From how to access your account online, scam awareness, your wellbeing and our community we're here to help.

Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log in to HL Account

Can I transfer shares held in someone else's name into my HL Fund and Share Account?

Yes, share certificates and shares held with another broker initially need to be transferred into a HL account in the shareholder’s name. Therefore the owner of the shares will need to complete the HL Fund and Share transfer form in their own name. From there, we can arrange an internal transfer of the shares into your name provided the shareholder sends a signed letter of instruction to gift the shares to you, stating that once they have been gifted, they will have no further claim over them. There is no charge to transfer stock from one Hargreaves Lansdown account to another.

Find out more about our charges

Please note: you must have an active HL Fund and Share Account open to receive the shares.

If you don't have one, find out more about opening an HL Fund and Share Account.

Still need help?

Contact us

Email us