Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log out of your HL account

How can I trade overseas shares on the mobile app?

Select the blue 'My accounts' icon at the bottom left of the screen and follow the instructions on the screen to log in. Choose the account you want to deal in. Select the 'action' button and choose 'place a deal'. Follow the on-screen instructions to locate the investment you wish to deal and choose 'deal now' on the investment's factsheet.

Please note, to trade US or Canadian shares through Hargreaves Lansdown you will need to complete a W-8BEN form. If you are a resident in the UK and the form is for an account held by a UK individual, you can complete a W-8BEN form online by logging into your account via the website, alternatively you can find out more and download a W-8BEN form here If you are not a UK resident and/or the form is for an account that is not held by you individually, you must complete a paper form and return it by post for free to Freepost HARGREAVES LANSDOWN.

Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.

Still need help?

Call us on 0117 900 9000

View opening hours