How to register for online access
If you've opened an account with HL and do not have login details yet, you can register to trade and see your accounts on the website or mobile app. Here's how to do it.
Before you start
We may need to send you a PIN by post as part of this process, which takes around 2-3 working days. You should factor this in if you're planning to trade online soon.
How to register on the website
- Select 'Register' in the top right-hand corner of the website
- Enter your date of birth using the format ddmmyy. For example, if you were born on 1 January 1970, enter 010170 without spaces, commas or other characters
- Enter your Client Number in the second box. Your Client Number is between 4 and 8 digits, and can be found on statements and account letters we've sent you
- Select 'Submit'
- When your PIN arrives in the post, follow the above instructions again then enter your PIN and select 'Continue'
- Enter your email address in the first box
- Enter a Username that is at least 8 characters in length, and contains at least 2 letters and 2 numbers
- Enter an Online Password that is a combination of letters and numbers, and contains at least 1 upper and 1 lower case letter.
- Confirm your new Online Password in the box below
- Choose three security questions from the drop-down lists and enter the correct answers. These questions will be used if you are having trouble logging into your account
- Select 'Finish Registration'
What happens next
You can use these details to log in online, either on the website or using the mobile app.