How do I transfer my pension to an HL SIPP?
The fastest way to transfer is online. It is also possible to transfer by sending us a form in the post.
How it works
- Apply to transfer and we'll contact your provider for you.
- Once your transfer has started, we'll update you on progress and tell you when everything arrives.
- You can start investing when you’re ready.
What to check before you transfer
It's important to make sure you won't lose any valuable guarantees or benefits from your current pension, or have to pay excessive exit fees, before you transfer.
We’ll transfer your pension as cash (unless you request otherwise), which means it won’t be affected by stock market rises or falls while it’s being moved over.
Types of pensions you can transfer
- Personal and stakeholder pensions
- Retirement Annuity Contracts (RACs)
- Another Self Invested Personal Pension (SIPP)
- Most Additional Voluntary Contribution plans (AVCs) including Free Standing AVCs
- Executive Pension Plans (EPPs)
- Most paid-up occupational money purchase plans
- Old protected rights pensions accrued from contracting out of the State Second Pension or SERPS (State Earnings Related Pension Scheme)
- Pensions in income drawdown
If you have a final salary pension or another pension type not listed above, call us on 0117 980 9926 and we may be able to help you transfer.