Savings calculatorHow much better off could you be?
Do you know what rates you're getting on your savings?
Have you switched your savings recently?
If you don't, and you haven't, you're not alone. According to our research 40% of all savers have never switched their savings. Almost half don't even know what rate they're getting.*
But this is costing savers dearly.
Latest figures from the Bank of England for September 2019 suggest the average instant access savings rate is just 0.42% (including "unconditional bonuses").
Find out how much better off you could be with our savings calculator.
Get your £25 bonus
All you need to do is open an account by 17 June, then add £5,000 or more with a debit card and choose your savings products within 60 days. If your savings balance drops below £5,000 within the first six months of your qualifying deposit we reserve the right to reclaim the £25. Terms apply
What difference could a new rate make to your savings?
Please note this calculator assumes the interest rate doesn’t change, no further deposits or withdrawals are made and that interest is paid and compounded once each year. It also does not take into account the different types of savings products available with Active Savings. The value of your savings will depend upon personal circumstances, the rates available and options you choose.
Active Savings latest rates
Please note, products can be added or withdrawn at any time.
What do AER and Gross mean?
AER (Annual Equivalent Rate)
Shows what the interest rate/expected profit rate would be if it was paid and compounded once each year. It helps you compare the rates on different savings products.
The interest rate without any tax removed. Interest/profits are paid gross. You are responsible for paying any tax due on interest/profits that exceed your Personal Savings Allowance to HM Revenue & Customs. Tax treatment can change.
Rates may be subject to change and depend on individual circumstances.
Improve your savings in three easy steps
Open an Active Savings account
Or log into your HL account if you're already a client. Make sure you read the important information.
Start with just £1
Add money with a debit card, or move across any uninvested cash in your Fund and Share account.
Choose your products
Select from the range of great rates available.
AER shows what the interest rate/expected profit rate would be if it was paid and compounded once each year. It helps you compare the rates on different savings products.
Gross is the interest rate without any tax removed. Interest/profits are paid gross. You are responsible for paying any tax due on interest/profits that exceed your Personal Savings Allowance to HM Revenue & Customs. Tax treatment can change.
Some banks offer a high introductory or bonus rate which drops to a much lower rate after a short period of time.
This website is issued by Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited (company number 1896481), which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority with firm reference 115248.
The Active Savings service is provided by Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited (company number 8355960). Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 with firm reference 901007 for the issuing of electronic money. Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited and Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited are subsidiaries of Hargreaves Lansdown plc (company number 2122142).
Sign up incentive - Terms & Conditions
1. This offer is available to anyone who opens a new Active Savings Account between 20 May 2020 and 17 June 2020 inclusive (“the Offer Period”).
2. To qualify for the offer, you’ll need to fund your Active Savings account with at least £5,000 by debit card, and to subsequently instruct us to add at least £5,000 to one or more savings products. Both of these actions must be taken within 60 days of the opening of the account to qualify. For the avoidance of doubt you can open an account with any amount and still qualify for the offer, provided that your Active Savings account is topped up to a balance of at least £5,000 and you instruct us to add at least £5,000 to one or more savings products. Both of these actions must be taken within 60 days of opening the account in order to qualify.
3. If you open an account within the Offer Period and also satisfy the criteria listed in clause 2, we will credit the cash hub in your account with £25 after the offer has closed and within one month of choosing your savings products. We’ll notify you by email once the £25 has been added.
4. We reserve the right to reclaim the £25 if the overall balance of your Active Savings Account drops below £5,000 within 6 months of the date of the qualifying deposit. We will notify you if we intend to reclaim the £25, and will claim it within 7 working days.
5. We reserve the right to amend, extend or withdraw this offer if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise. If the offer closes early, all qualifying applications received up until this time will still be accepted. Details of any such amendment, extension or withdrawal will be posted on our website at www.hl.co.uk/savings.
6. This offer is not available to anyone who already has an Active Savings Account open.
7. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
8. You must not be an employee of, or any such employee’s immediate family or household of, any Hargreaves Lansdown Group company.
9. This offer is limited to one payment of £25 per client.
10. This offer will be governed by English law and, in participating, you submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
11. References in these terms and conditions to “Hargreaves Lansdown”, “our”, “us” or “we” are to Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Limited (company number 08355960), authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA Register number 751996), whose registered office is at 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. References to the “Hargreaves Lansdown Group” are to Hargreaves Lansdown plc (company number 02122142) and its subsidiaries from time to time.