As this will be the first contribution to your Lifetime ISA in the current tax year, you will have to re-confirm that you agree to the Lifetime ISA declarations by opening a new Lifetime ISA. This will not affect your existing account. The process should not take longer than 5 minutes. Please note, any contributions to this year’s Lifetime ISA will appear in your existing account
- All investments should be regarded as for the long term because they can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Any yield is variable and not guaranteed.
- Remember tax rules can change and the benefits depend on your personal circumstances.
- Our website offers information, but not personal advice. If you're not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us for advice.
- You must be between 18 and 39 years old to open a Lifetime ISA.
- Before you invest, please understand the risks and terms and conditions (including tariff of charges) of your investment and make sure you've read and agreed to the Lifetime ISA declaration. The specific risks of any funds are detailed in the key features.
- The bonus will be paid within 4 to 9 weeks of the contribution.
- You can withdraw money from your Lifetime ISA for an eligible house purchase, from age 60 or during terminal ill health. You must have held a Lifetime ISA for at least 12 months after the first payment before you can make an eligible house purchase.
- If you withdraw money for any other reason, you’ll have to pay a 25% government withdrawal charge. This will be charged on the full withdrawal amount, so you could receive less than you have paid in.
- If saving in a Lifetime ISA instead of enrolling in, or contributing to, a qualifying pension scheme, occupational pension scheme, or personal pension scheme: (i) You may lose the benefit of contributions by an employer (if any) to that scheme; and (ii) Your future entitlement to means tested state benefits (if any) may be affected.
You can open a Lifetime ISA in minutes with a lump sum or from as little as £25 per month. Before you apply please make sure you have your debit card and National Insurance number to hand.
On the basis of the above
Open a Lifetime ISA by phone
Call us on 0117 980 9950
Open a Lifetime ISA by post
Transfer to a Lifetime ISA
For your own benefit and protection you should read our Terms & Conditions carefully before committing to an investment. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information.
I apply to open and/or make payments to a Lifetime ISA for the tax year 2018/19 (the first tax year to which this declaration relates) and this declaration shall have effect for any subsequent year in which I make a payment to this Lifetime ISA, except that after the account has been opened the reference to age 40 below is deemed to be to age 50. I have read, agreed to and retained the Terms & Conditions, the Important Investment Notes and Key Features of the Vantage Lifetime ISA and my chosen investment including all costs and charges and, where available, the Simplified Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document/Key Information Document provided to me on paper or via www.hl.co.uk.
I declare that all subscriptions of money made, or to be made, belong to me and that I am 18 years of age or over and either under the age of 40 or the account is being opened to receive a transfer of subscriptions from another lifetime ISA, a defaulted Lifetime ISA subscription or a returned withdrawal after a failed first time residential purchase. I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, more than the overall subscription limit in total to any combination of permitted ISAs in the same tax year. I have not made, and will not make, current year payments which exceed the Lifetime ISA payment limit. I have not made, and will not make, current year payments to another Lifetime ISA in the same tax year that I make current year payments to this Lifetime ISA.
I am resident in the United Kingdom for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated as being performed in the United Kingdom, or I am married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties. I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown if I cease to be so resident or to perform such duties or be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties.
I authorise Hargreaves Lansdown to: (a) Hold my payments, Lifetime ISA investments, interest, dividends and any other rights or proceeds (including any government bonus) in respect of those investments and cash; (b) Make on my behalf any claims to relief from tax in respect of Lifetime ISA investments; (c) Submit Lifetime ISA bonus claims to HMRC on my behalf; (d) Withhold and deduct from a balance in the Lifetime ISA and pay to HMRC any charges due to withdrawals or any wrongly paid amount of Lifetime ISA bonus; and (e) Make a record in writing in accordance with Regulation 12B paragraph (9)(a) of the Individual Savings Account regulations where that paragraph requires Hargreaves Lansdown to do so.
The declaration and the information I will give in my application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown. I will notify Hargreaves Lansdown without delay of changes to these particulars. I confirm that I have not received advice from Hargreaves Lansdown regarding the suitability of the HL Lifetime ISA or any aspect of this investment.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.