Low cost with a wide investment choice
Frequently asked questions about the Stocks & Shares ISA
- What is the annual management charge in the Stocks & Shares ISA?
The charge to hold funds is tiered within the Stocks & Shares ISA:
- 0.45% per annum on the first £250,000 of funds
- 0.25% on the value of funds between £250,000 and £1m
- 0.1% on the value of funds between £1m and £2m
- No charge on the value of funds over £2m
The annual charge to hold shares, bonds, Investment Trusts, ETFs or gilts in the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA is 0.45% (capped at £45 per annum)
For further information please view the ISA charges and interest rates page.
- Can I put shares I already own into a Stocks & Shares ISA?
Yes. In order to transfer shares into an ISA they must be sold and then bought back within the ISA wrapper. This is known as a Bed & ISA.
- What are the charges for dealing in my ISA?
There is no charge for buying, selling or switching funds within your ISA. All you will pay is the initial charge of the fund less any discount we offer (please refer to the factsheet of your chosen fund for more information). Share trades are subject to our stockbroking tariff, please see our ISA charges for details.
- Where can I invest in my Stocks & Shares ISA?
The Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA allows you to invest in a wide range of investments including unit trusts and OEICs, shares, investment trusts, ETFs, corporate bonds and gilts.
The Vantage Service is designed for investors who are happy to make their own investment choices, but if you are unsure where to invest, please see our ISA investment ideas for help.
- What happens to any income from my investments within the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA?
Your Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA can be set up to treat income in one of three ways:
- Reinvested: Income will be held within your account and accumulated until it reaches or exceeds £50 per holding for funds and £200 per holding for other investments, when it will be automatically reinvested. We will do this within ten working days of the end of each month. From 2 June any income will be reinvested once it reaches £10 per fund or share holding. The charge for reinvestment will be 1% (min £1, max £10) per fund or share deal.
- Held on account: Income will be held on your account pending your further investment instructions.
- Paid out as income: Income will be paid out directly to a nominated bank/building society account. This payment will be made within ten working days of the end of each month.
The instruction you give will apply to all income paying holdings within your Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA.
Choose from a wide range of funds, shares, ETFs and more
Access to super low-cost funds and share dealing
Manage your account online or using our free mobile and tablet apps
Expert Bristol-based helpdesk
Mr Hill - client for 1 year
Mr Webster - client for 5 years
Mrs Knox - client for 5 years
Mrs Radeke-Beushausen - client for 3 years