Transfer an ISA to HL
Available now when you transfer
Get more choice, clarity and control
Keep it simple - transfer your ISAs
You may want to have all your investments in one place, so they're easier to manage. Or perhaps you're looking to do more with your Cash ISA.
As a FTSE 100 company, we're already trusted by over one million clients. With us, you’ll have a secure home for your ISAs.
Luckily, transferring an ISA isn't difficult. Just let us know you'd like to transfer below and we'll take care of the rest.
Simple to use. Helpful information about different types of investment, easy to understand even if you don’t know anything about investing.
MISS JACOBS, Isle of Wight
Which ISAs can I transfer?
You can transfer Cash ISAs and Stocks and Shares ISAs to us.
Transferring doesn't count towards your ISA allowance.
It's free to transfer an ISA to us
Your current provider may charge exit fees though, so it’s worth checking with them first - we wouldn’t want you to lose money.
Also, if you’re transferring a fixed rate cash ISA, remember that if you leave before the end of the term, you may have to pay a fee.
Transfer investments (including ISAs) to HL and get £50 to £300 cashback
Transfer investments worth £4,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you between £50 - £300. The money is a thank you from us, it won’t come out of your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To qualify you must apply by 30 June 2022. Need more time to decide? Complete the online extension form and we’ll extend the ISA and general investment application deadline for you by three months. Alternatively, call our Helpdesk on 0117 906 7816 or send a secure message through your online account.
You’ll receive the cashback payment within the last 10 working days of the next month, from the date that your last qualifying transfer completes.
The money will be paid into your HL Loyalty Bonus Account. To keep the cashback, all we ask is that you keep your account with us for a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£4,000 - £9,999||£50|
|£10,000 - £19,999||£100|
|£20,000 - £39,999||£150|
|£40,000 - £59,999||£200|
|£60,000 - £79,999||£250|
|£80,000 or more||£300|
How to transfer
Transferring a Cash ISA
If you've got enough saved for a rainy day and you are happy with the risk of investing, it could be worth considering transferring a Cash ISA to a Stocks and Shares ISA.
Interest rates on Cash ISAs are currently low, but with a Stocks and Shares ISA you have the opportunity to grow your money over the long term. Just remember, unlike cash, investments can fall as well as rise so you could lose money.
Transferring a Stocks and Shares ISA
Here's how transferring an ISA works:
- You apply to transfer
- We contact your provider and start the transfer
- We keep you updated with progress
- We tell you when everything arrives
- When you’re ready, you can start investing
Transfers can be made as cash or as stock. With a stock transfer, you stay invested. With a cash transfer, the investments are sold, meaning you’ll miss out on any market rises or falls throughout the transfer.
Why choose HL for your Stocks and Shares ISA?
- Security - we're a FTSE 100 company, trusted by over one million clients and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Ease - check your ISA anytime online or with the HL app
- Expertise - investment ideas from our expert analysts
Award-winning - we've won over 200
awards, including Best for Digital ISA 2021 from the Boring Money Best Buys Awards
ISA transfer rules
Transferring your ISA is a simple process, but there are a few rules you might need to know.
much of my ISA can I transfer?
You can move as much of your ISA from previous tax years as you like. However, if you’d like to transfer money you already put into your ISA this tax year, you’ll need to transfer all of this year’s pot together.
long does it take to transfer?
It typically takes 4 weeks to transfer an ISA, although some transfers can be complex and take longer. We’ll contact your provider for you, and we’ll keep you updated throughout the process.
does transferring affect my ISA allowance?
Transferring doesn’t count towards your ISA allowance, which is £20,000 in the 2022/2023 tax year. You can transfer an ISA at any time in the tax year.
Terms of the Spring 2022 cashback offer – ISA and General Investment Account transfers only
1. Subject to these terms and conditions, if you transfer an existing ISA or general investment from another platform, you will receive a cash amount depending on the amount you transfer (the “Offer”). The Offer is funded by us and the cashback will not come from your own cash or investments.
2. If you transfer existing ISAs or general investment accounts with a value of at least £4,000 from other providers to our platform in your HL Stocks and Shares ISA or HL Fund and Share Account, you will receive a cash amount between £50 and £300 depending on the total amount you transfer.
3. The Offer will be available between 6 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 inclusive (the “Offer Period”). If we receive your qualifying application within the Offer Period, even if the transfer itself isn’t completed until after the Offer closes, you will still qualify.
4. The value of your cashback will be based on the cumulative total value of qualifying ISA and general investment account transfers made within the Offer Period. The value of the cashback paid will be determined in accordance with the tiers identified in the table accompanying these terms and conditions.
5. The following are excluded from the Offer: (1) the transfer of a Junior ISA, Child Trust Fund or Lifetime ISA; (2) new money cash subscriptions into any existing HL Account; (3) the lodgement of certificated shares; (4) movements of investments or cash already held on the HL platform, including switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts or income and interest received on any assets held in those accounts.
6. The Offer will only apply to cashback transfer forms coded: TRCM1, TRCM2, OTD, OTS, OTP, OTK, CBE422B, TELEC received by us, within the Offer Period.
7. The cashback payment will be paid into your Loyalty Bonus Account which is separate from your other HL Account(s). You will receive the cashback payment within the last 10 working days of the next month, from the date that your last qualifying transfer completes. The payment date will be determined by us. The cash can be kept in your Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into another of your HL accounts. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it will count towards your annual allowance.
8. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year from the date that the last qualifying transfer completes. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, then we reserve the right to reclaim the cashback paid. If cash is to be reclaimed, then you will be notified, and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer out.
9. It isn’t possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this Offer. The maximum amount of cashback you can receive under this Offer across all ISA and general investment account transfers is £300.
10. If you need more time to decide whether you want to transfer to us, please complete the extension form and we will extend the ISA and general investment deadline for you by three months. Alternatively, call our Helpdesk on 0117 906 7816 or send a secure message through your online account .
11. We reserve the right to remove or suspend the Offer if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. If the Offer closes early, all qualifying applications already received at the time of the posting of the notice will still be accepted.
12. We also reserve the right to determine how the cashback payment is calculated. Therefore, if you are not sure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this Offer, please contact us before you apply to transfer. By submitting a qualifying application, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Offer.
13. These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. This Offer is provided by Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited, which is a limited company registered in England & Wales with the company number 01896481, whose registered office is 1 College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. References in these terms and conditions to “our”, "us" or "we" are to Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited.