Transfer an ISA to HL
Breathe fresh life into your ISAs
Keep it simple - transfer your ISAs
You may want to have all your investments in one place, so they're easier to manage. Or perhaps you're looking to do more with your Cash ISA.
As a FTSE 100 company, we're already trusted by over one million clients. With us, you’ll have a secure home for your ISAs.
Luckily, transferring an ISA isn't difficult. Just let us know you'd like to transfer below and we'll take care of the rest.
I’ve found all my involvement with Hargreaves Lansdown to be superb. I actually think the whole platform works exceptionally well and I frankly wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the company to anybody.
MR HASTINGS, Devon
Which ISAs can I transfer?
You can transfer Cash ISAs and Stocks and Shares ISAs to us.
Transferring doesn't count towards your ISA allowance.
It's free to transfer an ISA to us
Your current provider may charge exit fees though, so it’s worth checking with them first - we wouldn’t want you to lose money.
Also, if you’re transferring a fixed rate cash ISA, remember that if you leave before the end of the term, you may have to pay a fee.
Transfer an ISA to HL and get between £20 and £500 cashback
Transfer an ISA worth £5,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you between £20 - £500. The money is a thank you from us, it won’t come out of your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To automatically qualify, you must apply by 15 January 2020. Need more time to decide? Let us know and we’ll give you up to an extra three months.
You’ll receive your cashback after the offer closes and all transfers have completed. The money will be paid into your loyalty bonus account. To keep the cashback, all we ask is that you keep your account with us for a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£5,000 - £24,999||£20|
|£25,000 - £49,999||£50|
|£50,000 - £99,999||£100|
|£100,000 - £149,999||£250|
|£150,000 or more||£500|
How to transfer
Transferring a Cash ISA
If you've got enough saved for a rainy day and are thinking about investing, it could be sensible to transfer a Cash ISA to a Stocks and Shares ISA.
Interest rates on Cash ISAs have been low for years, but with a Stocks and Shares ISA you have the opportunity to grow your money over the long term. Just remember, unlike cash, investments can fall as well as rise so you could lose money.
Transferring a Stocks and Shares ISA
Here's how transferring an ISA works:
- You apply to transfer
- We contact your provider and start the transfer
- We keep you updated with progress
- We tell you when everything arrives
- When you’re ready, you start investing
- Security - we're a FTSE 100 company, trusted by over one million clients
- Care - if you ever need a hand, we answer our calls in just 15 seconds*
- Ease - check your ISA online or with the HL app whenever you like
- Expertise - investment ideas from our expert analysts
*Average Oct-Dec 2018
I am a first time investor in stocks and shares and have gained a lot of confidence investing with HL.
MRS HILL, Kent
ISA transfer rules
Transferring your ISA is a simple process, but there are a few rules you might need to know.
How much of my ISA can I transfer?
You can move as much of your ISA from previous tax years as you like. However, if you’d like to transfer money you already put into your ISA this tax year, you’ll need to transfer all of this year’s pot together.
How long does it take to transfer?
It typically takes just over 3 weeks to transfer an ISA. We’ll contact your provider for you, and we’ll let you know when your HL Stocks and Shares ISA is open.
How does transferring affect my ISA allowance?
Transferring doesn’t count towards your ISA allowance, which is £20,000 in the 2019/2020 tax year. You can transfer an ISA at any time in the tax year.
Terms of the cashback offer – Autumn 2019 – ISA transfers only
1. You’ll receive a cash amount between £20 and £500, depending on the amount you transfer, when you transfer an existing ISA worth at least £5,000 with another provider to an HL Stocks and Shares ISA (the “Offer”), subject to these terms and conditions. Please be aware that the following are excluded from the Offer: (1) the transfer of a Junior ISA, Child Trust Fund or certificated shares into an HL Stocks and Shares ISA; and (2) new money cash subscriptions into any existing HL Stocks and Shares ISA account.
2. The Offer does not apply to investments already held in the HL service, to switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts or to income and interest received on any assets held in those accounts.
3. The Offer is funded by Hargreaves Lansdown. The cashback will not come from your own cash or investments. The Offer will be available until 15 January 2020 inclusive, however, we reserve the right to remove or suspend the Offer if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. If the Offer closes early, all qualifying applications already received at the time of the posting of the notice will still be accepted.
4. The Offer will only apply to cashback transfer forms coded: TRIC1, TRIC2, TRIC3, AWIC1, APIC6, OTMQB, OTK, OTS, TELE1 received by us whether received online, by phone or in the post between inclusive (the “Offer Period”). The application code should be found in the top right of a form. As long as we receive your transfer form within the Offer Period, even if the transfer itself is not completed until after the Offer closes, you‘ll still qualify. If you need more time to decide whether you want to transfer to us, please let us know and we will extend this deadline for you by up to three months. To request more time simply call our Helpdesk on 0117 900 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address.
5. The cashback payment will be paid into your Loyalty Bonus Account after the Offer has closed and within one month of completing your transfer, which will be determined by us. Your Loyalty Bonus Account is separate from your HL ISA, Fund and Share Account, and SIPP. The cash can be kept in your Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into whichever HL account you choose. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it’ll count towards your annual allowance.
6. The value of your cashback will be based on the cumulative total value of transfers you make within the Offer Period and not the value of each transfer. The value of the cashback shall be determined in accordance with the tiers identified in the table accompanying these terms and conditions. It is not possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this offer. The maximum amount of cashback you can receive under this offer is £500.
7. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year from the date of the transfer. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, then we reserve the right to reclaim the cashback paid. If cash is to be reclaimed then you’ll be notified and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer.
8. We also reserve the right to determine how the cash offer is calculated. Therefore, if you are not sure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this Offer, please contact us before you return your transfer form. By submitting a qualifying application, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Offer. These terms are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other transfer offer.