ISA Allowance 2019/20
This tax year you can invest up to £20,000 in ISAs.
You're free to split your ISA allowance any way you like across a Stocks and Shares ISA, Cash ISA, Lifetime ISA (maximum of £4,000) and an Innovative Finance ISA, as long as you stay within the overall limit.
So for example you could put £5,000 in a Cash ISA, £4,000 in a Lifetime ISA and the remaining £11,000 in a Stocks and Shares ISA.
The allowance is less for Junior ISAs. The limit this tax year is £4,368.
The tax year is 6 April to 5 April and the deadline for adding money is midnight 5 April.
Open an HL Stocks and Shares ISA
Once you've decided to invest your ISA allowance, it takes less than five minutes to get started. You'll just need a debit card and your national insurance number to hand. Remember that your investments can go down as well as up in value, so you could get back less than you put in.
Choose from over 2,500 funds, shares, investment trusts and more to build your portfolio.
- You’re in control of what you buy and sell
- You’ll get expert research to help your decisions
- Start your ISA from £100 or £25 per month
Let us know your goals and risk appetite and we’ll show you a ready-made portfolio that matches.
- We’ll buy and sell investments to match your goals and attitude to risk
- Just keep an eye on your portfolio to make sure you’re happy
- Start your ISA with £1,000 or more