- All investments should be regarded as for the long term because they can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Any yield is variable and not guaranteed.
- Remember tax rules can change and the benefits depend on your personal circumstances.
- Nothing on the website should be regarded as personal advice so if you have any doubts as to the suitability of an investment for your personal circumstances please contact us for written advice.
- Before you invest, please understand the risks and Terms & Conditions (including tariff of charges) of your investment and ensure you have read and agreed to the Lifetime ISA declaration. The specific risks of any funds are detailed in the Vantage Key Features.
- The first bonus will be paid into the Lifetime ISA within 28 days of 6 April 2018, thereafter it will be paid within 4 to 9 weeks of the subscription.
- If you make a withdrawal from the Lifetime ISA before 6 April 2018 your Lifetime ISA will be void and no bonus will be paid.
- From 6 April 2018 you will be able to withdraw money from your Lifetime ISA for an eligible house purchase, from age 60 or during terminal ill health. You must have held a Lifetime ISA for at least 12 months before you can make an eligible house purchase.
- If you withdraw money for any other reason after 6 April 2018 a 25% government withdrawal charge will be applied. This will be charged on the full withdrawal amount, so you could receive less than you have paid in. This will not apply in the 2017/18 tax year.
- If saving in a Lifetime ISA instead of enrolling in, or contributing to, a qualifying pension scheme, occupational pension scheme, or personal pension scheme: (i) You may lose the benefit of contributions by an employer (if any) to that scheme; and (ii) Your future entitlement to means tested state benefits (if any) may be affected.
You can open a Lifetime ISA in minutes. Before you apply please ensure you have your National Insurance number to hand. You can open your Lifetime ISA with a lump sum of £100 or more, or save monthly from as little as £25 per month.
For your own benefit and protection you should read our Terms & Conditions carefully before committing to an investment. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information.
I apply to subscribe for a Lifetime ISA for the tax year 2017/18 (the first tax year to which this declaration relates) and this declaration shall have effect for each year in which I make a payment to this Lifetime ISA, except that after the account has been opened the reference to age 40 below is deemed to be to age 50. I have read, agreed to and retained the Terms & Conditions, the Important Investment Notes, and Key Features of the Vantage Lifetime ISA. Where I am investing in a fund or an ETF, I am doing so on the basis of the information contained in the Key Features, Simplified Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document provided to me on paper or via www.hl.co.uk.
I declare that:
- I declare that all subscriptions of money made, or to be made, belong to me and that I am 18 years of age or over and either under the age of 40 or the account is being opened to receive a transfer of subscriptions from another lifetime ISA, a defaulted Lifetime ISA subscription or a returned withdrawal after a failed first time residential purchase.
- I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, more than the overall subscription limit in total to any combination of permitted ISAs in the same tax year. I have not made, and will not make, current year payments which exceed the Lifetime ISA payment limit in the same tax year. I have not made, and will not make, current year payments or transfers from a Help to Buy ISA to another Lifetime ISA in the same tax year that I make current year payments to this Lifetime ISA.
- (Other than for accounts opened to receive investments from another lifetime ISA, a defaulted Lifetime ISA subscription or a returned withdrawal after a failed first time residential purchase) I am resident in the United Kingdom for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated as being performed in the United Kingdom, or I am married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties. I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown if I cease to be so resident or to perform such duties or be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties.
I authorise Hargreaves Lansdown:
- To hold my cash payments, Lifetime ISA investments, interest, dividends and any other rights or proceeds (including any government bonus) in respect of those investments and cash;
- To make on my behalf any claims to relief from tax in respect of Lifetime ISA investments;
- To submit Lifetime ISA bonus claims to HMRC on my behalf;
- To withhold and deduct from a balance in the Lifetime ISA and pay to HMRC any charges due to withdrawals or any wrongly paid amount of Lifetime ISA bonus and
- to make a record in writing in accordance with Regulation 12B paragraph (9)(a) of the Individual Savings Account regulations where that paragraph requires Hargreaves Lansdown to do so.
The declaration and the information I will give in my application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown. I will notify Hargreaves Lansdown without delay of changes to these particulars. I confirm that I have not received advice from Hargreaves Lansdown in relation to the opening of this Lifetime ISA.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.
Before you proceed please confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions and key features.