Guide to Retiring Abroad
Many British citizens swap the UK for their dream location abroad every year. But if you don’t do your research you could be faced with high exchange rate costs, unnecessary tax charges and expensive healthcare fees.
This straightforward guide will help ensure you’ve got everything covered when it comes to retiring abroad, providing information on:
- Which countries you can continue to receive benefits in, like Winter Fuel Allowance and annual increases in your State Pension
- Which taxes you should think about
- Information on healthcare
- 10 easy steps for buying property abroad
- How you could save on your currency transfers and shelter from moving exchange rates
This guide is for reference only and does not constitute personal advice. If you are unsure of the suitability of any course of action for your circumstances seek personal advice.
The Hargreaves Lansdown Currency Service is a trading name of Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Limited, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hargreaves Lansdown Plc, One College Square South, Anchor Road, Bristol, BS1 5HL. Company Registered in England & Wales No. 1896481. It is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as a Payment Institution under the Payment Services Regulations 2017. The Firm Reference number is 115248. You can look this up on the FCA register website. The marketing of the service is not regulated by the FCA.