Open a Cash ISA
Cash ISA application
Once you’ve read the important information below, filling in the application takes about 10 minutes.
The following are not available yet but we are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can.
- Using money in an HL Stocks and Shares ISA
- Transferring an existing ISA
You can register for alerts to be the first to hear when they are available.
What you need to know
- To apply online you must be a UK resident, if you’re not resident in the UK please contact us for more information.
- You can request a withdrawal from your Cash ISA at any time (as long as the savings product(s) you choose allows this). You can choose to withdraw to the cash hub of your Active Savings Account or directly to your nominated bank account.
- You can request a withdrawal from your Cash ISA at any time (as long as the savings product(s) you choose allows this). You can choose to withdraw to the cash hub of an Active Savings Account or directly to your nominated bank account.
- Any money withdrawn from the Cash ISA will lose its ISA status, and this can’t be put back into the ISA without using up a further portion of your ISA allowance (if available, for that tax year).
- You can only access and manage your Cash ISA online. We’ll send any information about your account by secure message or email.
- The HL Cash ISA is for people making their own financial decisions and isn’t personal advice.
- Tax rules for ISAs can change, and their benefits depend on your circumstances.
- If the rate of interest you receive on your savings is lower than the rate of inflation, the future spending power of your money will be reduced.
- FSCS protection - your eligible deposits with our partner banks are covered up to £85,000 per banking licence.
- All money coming in and going out of your Cash ISA goes through the Cash ISA transaction account, currently held with Barclays, and is covered under their banking licences until it’s cleared. You won’t earn any interest on money held in the Cash ISA transaction account.
- Any money you have in the Cash ISA transaction account is either protected through the ‘safeguarding’ if we (Hargreaves Lansdown Savings Ltd) were to fail, or the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), if Barclays were to fail. Read more about protection of your money.
- Your Cash ISA will be opened once you instruct us to add money to a savings product.
What you need to have to hand
- Your National Insurance number
- Your debit card, if you’d like to add money this way