Fund and Share Account
Investment account: Fund and Share Account
Open a Fund and Share Account
Filling in the application takes about 10 minutes. Add £1 or more to get started.
Before opening an account, you should be:
- Comfortable choosing your own investments
- Confident making long-term investment decisions
- Free from significant debt (other than a mortgage)
- Clear on our charges and how you’ll be affected by tax
If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us about financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
What you need to know
- Investments can go up and down in value so you could get back less than you put in. Any income your investments pay can change over time.
- To open an account online, you’ll need to live in the UK and be a UK resident for tax purposes. If you’re not, please contact us so we can check if you are eligible to open an account.
What you need to have to hand
- Your National Insurance number.
- Your debit card details, if you’d like to open your Fund and Share Account with a lump sum. The minimum amount is £1.
- Your bank details, if you’d like to set up a Direct Debit. The minimum monthly amount is £25.
By opening a Fund and Share Account, you agree to our terms, so please make sure you’ve read and understood our: Fund and Share Account Declaration, Terms and Conditions with Tariff of Charges (PDF), Important Investment Notes and Key Features (PDF). Please contact us if you have any questions.
The declaration and the information I will give in my application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown. I will notify Hargreaves Lansdown without delay of changes to these particulars. I have not received, and will not receive, personalised advice from Hargreaves Lansdown.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.