Available now when you transfer
Simplify your life. Hold all your investments in one place with the UK's No. 1 stockbroker
Save time and money
See and deal all your investments in one, secure place, 24/7, online and on-the-go with the HL app. If you'd prefer a person, our Bristol-based helpdesk is on hand.
It's free to hold shares in the Fund and Share Account. Share dealing costs a maximum of £11.95 per UK deal online. We offer a low-cost reinvestment service. For funds, there's no dealing charges and a maximum annual charge of 0.45%.
What you can transfer
- UK and overseas shares
- Corporate and government bonds
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment trusts
- Share certificates
Receive £20 to £500 cashback
Transfer ISAs, pensions, funds or shares worth £5,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you between £20 - £500. The money is a thank you from us. It won’t come from your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To automatically qualify you must apply by 17 December 2018. Need more time to decide? Let us know and we'll give you up to an extra three months to transfer ISAs, funds and shares, and six months for pension transfers.
You will receive your cashback after the offer closes and all your transfers complete. The money will be paid into your HL loyalty bonus account. To keep the cashback, all we ask is that you keep your account with us for at least a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£5,000 - £24,999||£20|
|£25,000 - £49,999||£50|
|£50,000 - £99,999||£100|
|£100,000 - £149,999||£250|
|£150,000 or more||£500|
How to transfer
You can choose to transfer as stock or cash.
With a stock transfer, your investments will be transferred as they are. That keeps things simple, but just remember, you usually can't sell during the transfer, no matter what the market does.
With a cash transfer, your investments are sold and moved to HL as cash. You can then buy your investments back yourself, or instruct us to do it for you. With a cash transfer, you'll be out of the market while cash is held. So your money will be stable if the market falls, but if it rises you won't benefit.
Very helpful and knowledgeable staff; real people take calls - brilliant in this day and age. The best organisation I have ever dealt with in all my business life spanning 46 years.
MR SMITH, East Sussex
I’ve found all my involvement with Hargreaves Lansdown to be superb. I actually think the whole platform works exceptionally well and I frankly wouldn’t hesitate in recommending the company to anybody.
MR HASTINGS, Devon
Terms of the cashback offer - Autumn 2018
1. You’ll receive a cash amount between £20 and £500, depending on the amount you transfer, when you transfer to us at least £5,000 worth of an existing pension, ISA (excluding Junior ISAs and Child Trust Funds) or funds and shares into our HL SIPP, Stocks and Shares ISA, Lifetime ISA or Fund and Share Account from another provider, subject to these terms and conditions. Please be aware the following exclusions apply to this offer: (1) the lodgement of certificated shares will not qualify for the offer; (2) new money cash subscriptions into any HL account won’t qualify for the offer; (3) if the HL SIPP is your current workplace pension and you transfer previous pensions provided by your current employer, then the offer isn’t available for these transfers; (4) defined benefit/final salary pension transfers don’t qualify for the offer.
2. The offer doesn’t apply to investments already held in the HL service, or to switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts or to income and interest received on any assets held in those accounts.
3. The offer is funded by Hargreaves Lansdown’s money. Don’t worry, the cash is not coming from your pension or investments. We intend to make the offer available until 17 December 2018. However, we reserve the right to remove or suspend this offer if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. If the offer closes early, all qualifying applications received up until this time will still be accepted.
4. The offer will only apply to cashback transfer forms coded TRV9K, TRV9L TRV9M, TRV9N, TRV9O, TRV9P, TRV9Q, OTK, OTMQ9, ITCB1, OTS, OTP, OTD, AWSS1, and AWSS2 received by us between 8 October 2018 and 17 December 2018. The application code should be found in the top right of a form. If transferring a pension for drawdown, you must include a note requesting cashback with your application to qualify. As long as we receive your transfer form within the offer period, even if the transfer itself isn’t completed until after the offer closes, you‘ll still qualify. If you need more time to decide whether you want to transfer to us, please let us know and we’ll extend this deadline for you (by up to three months for ISA, fund and share transfers, and six months for pension transfers). To request more time simply call our Helpdesk on 0117 900 9000 or email email@example.com with your full name and address.
5. The cashback payment will be paid into your Loyalty Bonus Account after the offer has closed and within 1 month of completing your transfer, which will be determined by us. The Loyalty Bonus Account is separate from the HL ISA, Fund and Share Account, and SIPP. The cash can be kept in the Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into whichever HL account you choose. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it’ll count towards your annual allowance.
6. The value of your cashback will be based on the total value of transfers you make within the offer period (ISAs, funds, shares and pensions), not the value of each transfer. The values will be determined on the day we receive the proceeds for each. It isn’t possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this offer. The maximum amount of cashback you can receive under this offer is £500.
7. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, then we reserve the right to reclaim the cashback paid. If cash is to be reclaimed then you’ll be notified and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer.
8. We also reserve the right to determine how the cash offer is calculated. Therefore, if you’re unsure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this offer, please contact us before you return your transfer form. By submitting a qualifying application, you agree to be bound by the terms of this offer. The terms are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The offer can’t be used in conjunction with any other transfer offer.