with our retirement experts
Important information - What you do with your pension is an important decision. You should check you're making the right decision for your circumstances and that you understand all your options and their risks. The government's free and impartial Pension Wise service can help you and we can offer you advice if you’d like it. The information on our website isn’t personal advice. Tax benefits can change and depend on your circumstances. If you’re thinking about transferring, check you won't lose valuable guarantees or benefits or have to pay excessive exit fees.
If you’re approaching retirement there’s a lot to think about, like if you’re still on track to retire when you’d planned to, as well as how you’ll access your pension and how much you’ll receive.
Making the right choices now can have a significant impact on your future- that’s why our experts are on hand to help.
They’re hosting five free webinars on a number of different topics, all designed to help you to build your knowledge so you can make your own decisions with confidence.
All you need to do is choose your webinar and your preferred time and we’ll send you a link to join on any device from the comfort of your own home. Spaces are limited, but you can sign up to as many as you like.
During the webinars we will give you useful tips and information, but we won’t give you personalised advice.
Choose your webinar: book your time
Saving tax in retirement - 18 May 2020
Before you take money from your pension it’s important you understand how withdrawals are taxed. Our experts explain the basics and offer some tax savings tips. They also discuss;
- Why you might want to consider other savings ahead of your pension
- Your main retirement options
- The benefits of a pension
- How to make the most of government allowances
Accessing Tax Free Cash - 19 May 2020
Based on the current rules, you can only start to take money from your pension from age 55 (57 from 2028). You can usually take up to 25% completely tax free, the rest is taxed as income. Our experts discuss the different ways you can access your tax free cash, and they explain;
- The basics around how pensions work
- Your retirement options
- Questions you should ask
- How to spot a pension scam
State pension- 20 May 2020
Most people are entitled to the state pension, and it’s likely to form a vital part of your retirement income. In this session we cover;
- How much state pension income you could receive
- The increases to the state pension
- What happens if you decide to defer your state pension
- How contracting out worked
- How the state pension could work if you’re planning to retire aboard
‘Supercharging’ your pension- 21 May 2020
We reveal how you can boost your pension before retirement and offer an action plan to help get your pension on track. You’ll learn about:
- How pensions work
- How much income you could need based on the lifestyle you want
- Tools to help you work out how much your pension could pay
- Why it’s important to review your investments
- What to consider if you’re planning to transfer a pension
How annuities work- 22 May 2020
If you’re after a secure income for life that isn’t linked to the stock market, you might want to consider an annuity. Our webinar will help you understand how annuities work, plus;
- What types of secure income you could get
- The basics around pensions
- Your three main retirement options
- How you could get a higher secure income
- How you could pass on your annuity and protect your family
- Why you might want to consider combining your retirement options
- How to protect your annuity income against inflation
Can't make it?
If you can’t make it to the webinars don’t worry. Whether you’re looking to explore your retirement options, or you’re already familiar with them but you’re not sure which are right for you, we have lots of useful information and online tools to help you prepare for your perfect retirement.