Skip to main content
  • Register
  • Help
  • Contact us
  • Log in to HL Account

Am I able to reclaim withholding tax applied to foreign dividends?

Due to the complexity of the tax regimes in other countries, HL Asset Management will not generally reclaim tax credits on dividends or other income on foreign securities. However, if you have provided us with a valid W-8BEN form, we will claim reduced withholding tax payments from US or Canadian stocks, whenever possible.

To check if you have submitted a W-8BEN and are eligible to deal US shares, please:

  • Log in to your account
  • Select the 'Account Settings' tab
  • Select 'Share Dealing and Live Prices'. You will now be able see if you are eligible to deal US shares and update your W-8BEN if required.
    • Still need help?

      Contact us

      Email us