Why transfer to Hargreaves Lansdown?
Cash back Transfer to HL and get £20 - £500 as a thank you
Transfer ISAs, pensions, funds or shares worth £5,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you £20 - £500. The money is a thank you from us. It won’t come from your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To automatically qualify you must apply by 29 June 2018. Need more time to decide? Let us know and we'll give you up to an extra three months to transfer ISAs, funds and shares, and six months for pension transfers.
You will receive your cash back after the offer closes and all your transfers complete. The money will be paid into your HL loyalty bonus account. All we ask is that you keep your account with us for at least a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£5,000 - £24,999||£20|
|£25,000 - £49,999||£50|
|£50,000 - £99,999||£100|
|£100,000 - £149,999||£250|
|£150,000 or more||£500|
How to transfer
If you wish to transfer, simply read the Key Features, Terms & Conditions and Important Investment Notes. If transferring a pension also read the Common Transfer Declaration and Transfer Checklist (in the Key Features) and check you will not incur excessive exit fees or lose valuable guarantees or benefits.
Pensions are transferred as cash, unless otherwise arranged. ISAs, funds and shares can usually be transferred as stock (where you remain invested) or cash. When transferring as cash you are out of the market for a period. This may work in your favour if the market falls, but if it rises you will not benefit from any growth while you hold cash.
- Select the investments you wish to transfer.
- If your investment can be transferred electronically online, there will be no further paperwork for you to complete and we will proceed with the transfer.
- If your investment cannot be transferred online, you will be provided with a pre-completed form that you simply need to sign and return to us.
We'll write to you to confirm receipt of your application and contact your existing investment provider to arrange the transfer. There's nothing more you need to do - we'll be in touch as soon as your investments have been moved to your HL Account.
Prefer to transfer by post? You can find our transfer forms here.
What our clients say
Terms of the cash back offer - Spring 2018
1. The offer is that, subject to these terms and conditions, we will pay to you a cash amount of between £20 and £500, depending on the amount you transfer, when you transfer into us at least £5,000 worth of an existing pension, ISA (excluding Junior ISAs and Child Trust Funds) or funds and shares into our HL SIPP, Stocks and Shares ISA, Lifetime ISA or Fund and Share Account from another provider. Please note that the following exclusions apply to the offer: (1) the lodgement of certificated shares will not qualify for the offer; (2) new money cash subscriptions into any HL account will not qualify for the offer; (3) if the HL SIPP is your current workplace pension and you transfer previous pensions provided by your current employer then the offer is not available for such transfers; (4) defined benefit/final salary pension transfers do not qualify for the offer.
2. The offer does not apply to investments already held in the HL service, nor to switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts nor to income and interest received on any assets held within those accounts.
3. The offer is funded by Hargreaves Lansdown’s money. For the avoidance of doubt the cash is not coming from your pension or investments. It is intended that this offer shall be available until 29 June 2018. However, we reserve the right to withdraw or suspend this offer where it becomes necessary to do so, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. In the event of early closure of this offer, all qualifying applications received up to the time of withdrawal will be accepted.
4. The offer will only apply to cash back transfer forms coded TRV9E, TRV9F, TRV9G and OTK received by us between 18 April 2018 and 29 June 2018. The application code can typically be found in the top right of a form. If transferring a pension for drawdown, you must enclose a note requesting cash back with your application to qualify. Provided we receive your transfer form within the offer period, even if the transfer itself is not completed until after the offer closes, you will still qualify. If you need more time to decide whether you wish to transfer to us, please let us know and we will extend this deadline for you (by up to three months for ISA, fund and share transfers, and six months for pension transfers). To request more time simply call our Helpdesk on 0117 900 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address.
5. The cash back payment will be credited to your Loyalty Bonus Account after the cash back offer has closed and within 1 month of the date of completion of your transfer as determined by us. The Loyalty Bonus Account is separate from the HL ISA, Fund and Share Account, and SIPP. The cash can be kept in the Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into a HL account you choose. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it will count towards your annual allowance.
6. The value of your cash back will be based on the total value of transfers you make within the offer period (ISAs, funds, shares and pensions), not the value of each transfer. The values will be determined on the day we receive the proceeds for each. It is not possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this offer. For the avoidance of doubt, the maximum amount of cash back you may receive under this offer is £500.
7. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, we reserve the right to reclaim the cash back paid. If cash is to be reclaimed then you will be notified and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer.
8. We reserve the right to determine how the cash offer is calculated. Therefore, if you are unsure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this offer please contact us before you return your transfer form. By submitting a qualifying application you agree to be bound by the terms of this offer. The terms are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other transfer offer.