Give your old pensions a better chance to grow
Goodbye to the job for life...
People have 11 different jobs in their lifetime, on average, and each new job could mean a new pension. This can mean numerous providers to deal with, several phone numbers and logins to remember, and mountains of paperwork.
To keep on top you might need a complex filing system to record every date and value. If that doesn’t sound like you, a simpler solution is transferring your pensions to one place, like the HL Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP).
Cash back Transfer to HL and get £20 - £500 as a thank you
Transfer ISAs, pensions, funds or shares worth £5,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you £20 - £500. The money is a thank you from us. It won’t come from your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To automatically qualify you must apply by 29 June 2018. Need more time to decide? Let us know and we'll give you up to an extra three months to transfer ISAs, funds and shares, and six months for pension transfers.
You will receive your cash back after the offer closes and all your transfers complete. The money will be paid into your HL loyalty bonus account. All we ask is that you keep your account with us for at least a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£5,000 - £24,999||£20|
|£25,000 - £49,999||£50|
|£50,000 - £99,999||£100|
|£100,000 - £149,999||£250|
|£150,000 or more||£500|
Enjoy more control
The HL SIPP gives you more control and the freedom to choose your own investments. What’s more, transferring is easier than you might think.
If you’d like to transfer your existing pension(s) to Hargreaves Lansdown, please first make sure that you won’t be penalised heavily by your current provider. We wouldn’t want you to lose money.
Once you’re ready to transfer just let us know and we’ll take care of the rest.
Why choose the HL SIPP?
- Security - We’re a secure FTSE 100 company trusted by over one million clients and the UK’s largest SIPP provider.
- Control - See how your pension is doing anytime online and with the HL app.
- Support - We’re available six days a week to help with any question, no matter how big or small. We also offer financial advice, investment analysis, and pension tools.
- Choice - Choose from our huge selection of funds, shares, and other investments.
Types of pensions you can transfer
You can transfer most types of pension to the HL SIPP:
- Personal and stakeholder pensions
- Retirement Annuity Contracts (RACs)
- Other SIPPs
- Most Additional Voluntary Contribution plans (AVCs) including Free Standing AVCs
- Executive Pension Plans (EPPs)
- Most paid-up occupational money purchase pensions
- Old protected-rights pensions accrued from contracting out of the State Second Pension or SERPS (State Earnings Related Pension)
- Pensions in drawdown
If you have a final salary pension or another pension type not listed above, please give us a call on 0117 980 9926 and we may be able to help you transfer.
Transferring a pension
Before you start your transfer, please read the SIPP key features (including the transfer checklist and common transfer declaration), terms and conditions (including tariff of charges) and important investment notes.
It's also really important to make sure you won't lose any valuable guarantees or benefits from your current pension provider or have to pay excessive exit fees. We wouldn't want you to lose money.
We’ll transfer your pension as cash (unless you request otherwise), which means it won’t be affected by any stock market rises or falls for a period. Once your transfer is complete, you can choose your investments. Remember they can fall as well as rise in value so you could get back less than you put in.
I want to transfer a pension
If you’re a client, the fastest way to transfer a pension is online.
Alternatively, send us a transfer form. You can find a full list of all our transfer forms here.
With every pension transfer, we’ll always contact your provider and arrange the transfer for you.
Once we receive your transfer instruction...
We’ll do the rest. We’ll contact your current provider and organise everything with them. Most pensions can be transferred without the need for more paperwork and the majority take just nine working days. We’ll let you know exactly what’s happening and when your pension is in the HL SIPP.
Terms of the cash back offer - Spring 2018
1. The offer is that, subject to these terms and conditions, we will pay to you a cash amount of between £20 and £500, depending on the amount you transfer, when you transfer into us at least £5,000 worth of an existing pension, ISA (excluding Junior ISAs and Child Trust Funds) or funds and shares into our HL SIPP, Stocks and Shares ISA, Lifetime ISA or Fund and Share Account from another provider. Please note that the following exclusions apply to the offer: (1) the lodgement of certificated shares will not qualify for the offer; (2) new money cash subscriptions into any HL account will not qualify for the offer; (3) if the HL SIPP is your current workplace pension and you transfer previous pensions provided by your current employer then the offer is not available for such transfers; (4) defined benefit/final salary pension transfers do not qualify for the offer.
2. The offer does not apply to investments already held in the HL service, nor to switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts nor to income and interest received on any assets held within those accounts.
3. The offer is funded by Hargreaves Lansdown’s money. For the avoidance of doubt the cash is not coming from your pension or investments. It is intended that this offer shall be available until 29 June 2018. However, we reserve the right to withdraw or suspend this offer where it becomes necessary to do so, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. In the event of early closure of this offer, all qualifying applications received up to the time of withdrawal will be accepted.
4. The offer will only apply to cash back transfer forms coded TRV9E, TRV9F, TRV9G and OTK received by us between 18 April 2018 and 29 June 2018. The application code can typically be found in the top right of a form. If transferring a pension for drawdown, you must enclose a note requesting cash back with your application to qualify. Provided we receive your transfer form within the offer period, even if the transfer itself is not completed until after the offer closes, you will still qualify. If you need more time to decide whether you wish to transfer to us, please let us know and we will extend this deadline for you (by up to three months for ISA, fund and share transfers, and six months for pension transfers). To request more time simply call our Helpdesk on 0117 900 9000 or email email@example.com with your full name and address.
5. The cash back payment will be credited to your Loyalty Bonus Account after the cash back offer has closed and within 1 month of the date of completion of your transfer as determined by us. The Loyalty Bonus Account is separate from the HL ISA, Fund and Share Account, and SIPP. The cash can be kept in the Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into a HL account you choose. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it will count towards your annual allowance.
6. The value of your cash back will be based on the total value of transfers you make within the offer period (ISAs, funds, shares and pensions), not the value of each transfer. The values will be determined on the day we receive the proceeds for each. It is not possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this offer. For the avoidance of doubt, the maximum amount of cash back you may receive under this offer is £500.
7. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, we reserve the right to reclaim the cash back paid. If cash is to be reclaimed then you will be notified and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer.
8. We reserve the right to determine how the cash offer is calculated. Therefore, if you are unsure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this offer please contact us before you return your transfer form. By submitting a qualifying application you agree to be bound by the terms of this offer. The terms are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other transfer offer.