in one place
Transfer your investments to HL today
and get cashback as a thank you from us
Terms and conditions apply
Our service is designed for investors who want to make their own investment decisions. Investments can go down in value as well as up so you could get back less than you invest. Before transferring, please ensure you won't incur excessive exit fees. If you are transferring a pension please also check you will not lose any valuable guarantees or benefits. If you are unsure if an investment is suitable for you, please contact us for personal advice.
Why transfer to Hargreaves Lansdown?
Cashback Transfer to HL and get £20 to £500 cashback
Transfer ISAs, pensions, funds or shares worth £5,000 or more to HL and we’ll give you between £20 - £500. The money is a thank you from us. It won’t come from your account or investments.
The more you transfer, the more you receive. Terms apply.
To automatically qualify you must apply by 17 December 2018. Need more time to decide? Let us know and we'll give you up to an extra three months to transfer ISAs, funds and shares, and six months for pension transfers.
You will receive your cashback after the offer closes and all your transfers complete. The money will be paid into your HL loyalty bonus account. To keep the cashback, all we ask is that you keep your account with us for at least a year.
|You transfer||We pay you|
|£5,000 - £24,999||£20|
|£25,000 - £49,999||£50|
|£50,000 - £99,999||£100|
|£100,000 - £149,999||£250|
|£150,000 or more||£500|
How to transfer
If you wish to transfer, simply read the Key Features, Terms & Conditions and Important Investment Notes. If transferring a pension also read the Common Transfer Declaration and Transfer Checklist (in the Key Features) and check you will not incur excessive exit fees or lose valuable guarantees or benefits.
Pensions are transferred as cash, unless otherwise arranged. ISAs, funds and shares can usually be transferred as stock (where you remain invested) or cash. When transferring as cash you are out of the market for a period. This may work in your favour if the market falls, but if it rises you will not benefit from any growth while you hold cash.
- Select the investments you wish to transfer.
- If your investment can be transferred electronically online, there will be no further paperwork for you to complete and we will proceed with the transfer.
- If your investment cannot be transferred online, you will be provided with a pre-completed form that you simply need to sign and return to us.
We'll write to you to confirm receipt of your application and contact your existing investment provider to arrange the transfer. There's nothing more you need to do - we'll be in touch as soon as your investments have been moved to your HL Account.
Prefer to transfer by post? You can find our transfer forms here.
What our clients say
Terms of the cashback offer - Autumn 2018
1. You’ll receive a cash amount between £20 and £500, depending on the amount you transfer, when you transfer to us at least £5,000 worth of an existing pension, ISA (excluding Junior ISAs and Child Trust Funds) or funds and shares into our HL SIPP, Stocks and Shares ISA, Lifetime ISA or Fund and Share Account from another provider, subject to these terms and conditions. Please be aware the following exclusions apply to this offer: (1) the lodgement of certificated shares will not qualify for the offer; (2) new money cash subscriptions into any HL account won’t qualify for the offer; (3) if the HL SIPP is your current workplace pension and you transfer previous pensions provided by your current employer, then the offer isn’t available for these transfers; (4) defined benefit/final salary pension transfers don’t qualify for the offer.
2. The offer doesn’t apply to investments already held in the HL service, or to switches or transfers between or within existing HL accounts or to income and interest received on any assets held in those accounts.
3. The offer is funded by Hargreaves Lansdown’s money. Don’t worry, the cash is not coming from your pension or investments. We intend to make the offer available until 17 December 2018. However, we reserve the right to remove or suspend this offer if necessary, including for legal or regulatory reasons or otherwise, by posting a notice on our website. If the offer closes early, all qualifying applications received up until this time will still be accepted.
4. The offer will only apply to cashback transfer forms coded TRV9K, TRV9L TRV9M, TRV9N, TRV9O, TRV9P, TRV9Q, OTK, OTMQ9, ITCB1, OTS, OTP, OTD, AWSS1 and AWSS2 received by us between 8 October 2018 and 17 December 2018. The application code should be found in the top right of a form. If transferring a pension for drawdown, you must include a note requesting cashback with your application to qualify. As long as we receive your transfer form within the offer period, even if the transfer itself isn’t completed until after the offer closes, you‘ll still qualify. If you need more time to decide whether you want to transfer to us, please let us know and we’ll extend this deadline for you (by up to three months for ISA, fund and share transfers, and six months for pension transfers). To request more time simply call our Helpdesk on 0117 900 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and address.
5. The cashback payment will be paid into your Loyalty Bonus Account after the offer has closed and within 1 month of completing your transfer, which will be determined by us. The Loyalty Bonus Account is separate from the HL ISA, Fund and Share Account, and SIPP. The cash can be kept in the Loyalty Bonus Account for fee collection, withdrawn or moved into whichever HL account you choose. If moved into an ISA or SIPP, it’ll count towards your annual allowance.
6. The value of your cashback will be based on the total value of transfers you make within the offer period (ISAs, funds, shares and pensions), not the value of each transfer. The values will be determined on the day we receive the proceeds for each. It isn’t possible to combine the value of transfers into accounts with different client numbers for the purpose of this offer. The maximum amount of cashback you can receive under this offer is £500.
7. We ask you keep your HL account(s) for one year. Please feel free to switch between investments and in or out of cash within your account, but if you decide to transfer away or close your account within 12 months of the date your transfer completes, then we reserve the right to reclaim the cashback paid. If cash is to be reclaimed then you’ll be notified and the cash will be taken within 7 days of the account closure or transfer.
8. We also reserve the right to determine how the cash offer is calculated. Therefore, if you’re unsure how your transfers will be treated under the terms of this offer, please contact us before you return your transfer form. By submitting a qualifying application, you agree to be bound by the terms of this offer. The terms are governed by the laws of England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
9. The offer can’t be used in conjunction with any other transfer offer.