Stocks and Shares ISA
- 1 Declaration
- 2 Open your ISA
- 4 Account options
Investment account: Stock and Shares ISA
As this will be the first contribution to your Stocks and Shares ISA in the current tax year, you will have to re-confirm that you agree to the ISA declarations. The process should not take longer than 5 minutes. Please note, any contributions to this year’s ISA will appear in your existing account.
- All investments should be regarded as for the long term because they can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Any yield is variable and not guaranteed.
- Remember tax rules can change and the reliefs depend on your personal circumstances.
- Our website offers information, but not personal advice. So if you're not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us for advice.
- Before you invest, please understand the risks and terms and conditions (including tariff of charges) of your investment. Make sure you've read and agreed to the ISA declaration. The specific risks of any funds are detailed in the key features.
You can open a Stocks and Shares ISA in minutes with a lump sum or from as little as £25 per month. Before you apply please make sure you have your debit card and National Insurance number to hand.
On the basis of the above
For your own benefit and protection you should read our Terms & Conditions carefully before committing to an investment. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information. When you use our services we will take this as acceptance and agreement of our terms, and you will be bound by them.
I apply to subscribe for a Stocks & Shares ISA for the tax year 2018/19 (the first tax year to which this declaration relates) and each subsequent tax year in which I choose to make a subscription. I have read, agreed to and retained the Terms & Conditions, the Important Investment notes and Key Features of the Vantage Stocks & Shares ISA and my chosen investment including all costs and charges and, where available, the Simplified Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document/ Key Information Document provided to me on paper or via www.hl.co.uk.
I declare that:
- All subscriptions made, or to be made, belong to me and that I am 18 years of age or over.
- I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe more than the overall subscription limit in total to permitted ISAs in the same tax year. I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, to another Stocks & Shares ISA in the same tax year that I subscribe to this Stocks & Shares ISA.
- I am resident in the United Kingdom for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated as being performed in the United Kingdom, or I am married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties. I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown If I cease to be so resident or to perform such duties or be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties.
I authorise Hargreaves Lansdown:
- To hold my cash subscriptions, ISA investments, interest, dividends and any other rights or proceeds in respect of those investments and any other cash.
- To make on my behalf any claims to relief from tax in respect of ISA investments.
The declaration and the information I will give in my application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown. I will notify Hargreaves Lansdown without delay of changes to these particulars. I have not received, and will not receive, advice from Hargreaves Lansdown.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.