- All investments should be regarded as for the long term because they can go down in value as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Any yield is variable and not guaranteed.
- Remember tax rules can change and the reliefs depend on your personal circumstances.
- Nothing on the website should be regarded as personal advice so if you have any doubts as to the suitability of an investment for your personal circumstances please contact us for written advice.
- Before you invest, please understand the risks and Terms & Conditions (including tariff of charges) of your investment and ensure you have read and agreed to the ISA declaration. The specific risks of any funds are detailed in the Vantage Key Features.
You can open a Stocks & Shares ISA in minutes. Before you apply please ensure you have your National Insurance number to hand. You can open your ISA with a lump sum or save monthly from as little as £25 per month.
For your own benefit and protection you should read our Terms & Conditions carefully before committing to an investment. If you do not understand any point please ask us for further information. When you use our services we will take this as acceptance and agreement of our terms, and you will be bound by them.
I apply to subscribe for a Stocks & Shares ISA for the tax year 2016/17 (the first tax year to which this declaration relates) and each subsequent tax year in which I choose to make a subscription. I have read, agreed to and retained the Terms & Conditions, the Important Investment Notes, and Key Features of the Vantage ISA. Where I am investing in a fund or an ETF, I am doing so on the basis of the information contained in the Key Features, Simplified Prospectus or Key Investor Information Document provided to me on paper, CD rom or via www.hl.co.uk.
I declare that:
- All subscriptions made, or to be made, belong to me and that I am 18 years of age or over.
- I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe more than the overall subscription limit in total to permitted ISAs in the same tax year. I have not subscribed, and will not subscribe, to another Stocks & Shares ISA in the same tax year that I subscribe to this Stocks & Shares ISA.
- I am resident in the United Kingdom for tax purposes or, if not so resident, either perform duties which, by virtue of Section 28 of Income Tax (Earnings & Pensions) Act 2003 (Crown employees serving overseas), are treated as being performed in the United Kingdom, or I am married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties. I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown If I cease to be so resident or to perform such duties or be married to, or in a civil partnership with, a person who performs such duties.
I authorise Hargreaves Lansdown:
- To hold my cash subscriptions, ISA investments, interest, dividends and any other rights or proceeds in respect of those investments and any other cash.
- To make on my behalf any claims to relief from tax in respect of ISA investments.
The declaration and the information I will give in my application is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown. I will notify Hargreaves Lansdown without delay of changes to these particulars. I have not received, and will not receive, advice from Hargreaves Lansdown.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.
Before you proceed please confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions and key features.
Continue application on the basis of the above:
Applying online is not currently mobile-friendly. You can continue your application online or, if you prefer, by phone.
Applications only take 5 minutes online or by phone.
Apply by phone: 0117 314 6214