Start a Junior SIPP
Open an HL Junior SIPP
- The HL SIPP is a type of pension for people who want to choose their own investments without advice. Our website doesn’t give personal advice. If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please ask us for advice.
- Investments should be made for the long term. They can go up and down in value so you could get back less than you put in. The income your investments pay may change over time.
- Once your money is in a pension, you can’t usually take it out until you’re 55. Or 57 from 2028. Up to 25% is usually tax free and the rest is taxed as income.
- Tax rules can change and the tax relief you get is based on your circumstances.
- If you’re transferring a pension, check you won’t lose any benefits or have to pay excessive leaving fees.
Please read the HL SIPP declaration, Terms & Conditions (including tariff of charges), Important Investment Notes and the SIPP Key Features (including the transfer and contribution checklists and common transfer declaration) carefully. By applying for our services you agree to be bound by our terms so it is important you understand these documents; please contact us if you have any queries.
I confirm I am applying to join the HL SIPP. I agree to be bound by the Scheme Rules, and acknowledge that these have been made available to me by Hargreaves Lansdown.
I confirm that I will be a relevant UK individual in any tax year in which personal contributions are paid.
I declare that the total contributions that I will make to the HL SIPP and any other Registered Pension Scheme where I am entitled to relief under Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004 will not exceed the higher of:
- The basic amount (currently £3,600) or
- 100% of my Relevant UK Earnings (within the meaning of section 189 of the Finance Act 2004) for that tax year.
This declaration and the particulars given in this application are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, correct and complete.
If an event occurs which means that I will no longer be entitled to relief under to Section 188 of the Finance Act 2004, I will inform Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management by 5th April of the tax year in which the event occurs or 30 days after the event if later.
If I make a contribution, of which part or all is not eligible for tax relief, I will notify you separately on or before the date of the contribution. I will advise Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Ltd, in writing, within 30 days if I cease to be a United Kingdom resident.
I have not received advice from Hargreaves Lansdown regarding the merits of entering into, or the suitability of any aspect of the HL SIPP unless that aspect has been covered under a separate agreement for individual advice from a Hargreaves Lansdown Financial Adviser. If I have any doubts I will seek personal advice, in particular regarding the merits of the various pension options I may have available to me now and in the future.
I allow Hargreaves Lansdown to process my application using the information provided. This declaration and any other declaration made by me in connection with this application shall be the basis of the contract between me and Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management Ltd.
I confirm I have not registered with HM Revenue and Customs to protect pension funds built up from a potential Lifetime Allowance tax charge.
In addition to the declaration please read the following statement regarding Hargreaves Lansdown's communications with you.
Hargreaves Lansdown Plc and its group companies will send or email you complimentary issues of our investment publications and information about new products and services. If you would prefer not to receive these, please do let us know. Your personal data will remain confidential, and will not be passed to any other organisation unless required to do so by law.