Open a Junior Self-Invested Personal Pension
You can open a Junior Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) by completing an application form and returning it to us in the post.
What you need to remember
- The Junior SIPP is designed for people who are happy to make their own investment decisions. If you’re not sure where or how to invest, please seek financial advice. There’s no personal advice on our website.
- All investments can go up and down in value so the child could get back less than you put in.
- Once money is in a pension, it usually can't be accessed until age 55 (rising to 57 from 2028, and likely to rise further). Up to 25% is usually tax free and the rest is taxed as income.
- Pension and tax rules can change, and their benefits depend on individual circumstances.
What you need to read first
By opening an HL Junior SIPP, you agree to our terms, so make sure you’ve carefully read and understood the following:
- HL SIPP declaration
- Terms & Conditions(including tariff of charges), Important Investment Notes
- SIPP Key Features (including the contribution checklist and if you’re transferring the transfer checklist and common transfer declaration)
Please contact us if you have any queries on any of the above documents.